We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week in December with a 2 year old

Which Queenstown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Georgia
reviews: 2
Week in December with a 2 year old

Wife, 2 year old son and I will be in Queenstown the first week of December. We are staying within walking distance of town and are looking for some advice on things to do. We enjoy getting out and enjoying the scenery but won't be able to do much hiking considering we will have our son. Was thinking about this tour because we have had the chance to visit Mavora Lakes and loved it:

realjourneys.co.nz/Main/…

Any other good day trips to recommend (we've done Milford Sound, Arrowtown and Wanaka) or toddler-friendly activities?

I'm also interested in giving bungee jumping a go so any insight/tips on that would be appreciated.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 1
1. Re: Week in December with a 2 year old

- skyline gondola & luge

- TSS Earnslaw -- Walter Peak Farm https:/…

- Stuart Landsborough's Puzzling World (Wanaka)

Nelson, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
reviews: 45
2. Re: Week in December with a 2 year old

In addition to those already mentioned - feed the ducks and the trout down at Steamer Wharf in the centre of town (right beside where the TSS Earnslaw ties up), ride the Skyline Gondola, pan for gold in Arrow River, Arrowtown.

Have fun with the bungee :)

Rockhampton...
reviews: 64
3. Re: Week in December with a 2 year old

1. Queenstown gardens for a spot of Frisbee Golf - free activity if you have a frisbee or you can hire them in town very cheaply.

2. Hire a bike from Kidz Go in CBD - they are family friendly and have child seats etc. Cycle along Frankton Walkway on the lakes edge for a bit of sight seeing.

3. Arrowtown has the old chinese mining huts that you can wander around and read about - free activity. Plus there is the Museum which is a great way to while away an afternoon - reasonably priced entry.

4. There is a great playground park along the esplanade lakeside heading towards Glenorchy.

5. The Alpine Aqualand in Frankton is a complex that has a leisure pool, lazy river, hydro-slide, toddlers’ area, lap pool, adult hot pool with admission priced at one toddler with adult $6.

6. The Kiwi Birdlife Park in Brecon St - family oriented.

7. The Kingston Flyer in Kingston is an old steam train that runs half hour trips.Family friendly activity. It departs at 10am and 1.30pm during the summer.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip :)

Athens, Georgia
reviews: 2
4. Re: Week in December with a 2 year old

Thank you all so much for the suggestions. My son is obsessed with trains - so the Kingston Flyer is going to be a big hit!

Mackay
reviews: 22
5. Re: Week in December with a 2 year old

We've just returned from QT with 2 kids (yes they were mine!), and I strongly suggest:

- TSS Earnslaw & Walter Peak Farm

- Skyline Gondola & Luge

- Kiwi Birdlife Park

- Queenstown Gardens for a nice stroll, picnic and there's a great playground at the entrance. Also take some bread to feed the ducks.

- Alpine Aqualand (go on weekends or after 4pm weekdays so you can use the waterslide)

Have fun!

6. Re: Week in December with a 2 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 27, 2013