We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milford Sounds overnight cruise

Which Queenstown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
brisbane
Milford Sounds overnight cruise

Hello all!

Just wondering if it's safe to leave a rental car at Milford Sounds wharf if I decide to join the overnight cruise with Real Journeys?

Has anyone done it recently?

Just organizing my first trip to NZ in May and I just can't wait!

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 27
1. Re: Milford Sounds overnight cruise

Hi kanaussie,

We left our rental car there without any problems. Go past the first car park and park where the tourist coaches usually park, right near the wharf. These spots don't get used in the evenings and we were instructed to park there by the lovely Real Journeys staff. Make sure you get out there amongst it in the kayaks. It's a great trip!

Cheers!

South Island
Destination Expert
for South Island
2. Re: Milford Sounds overnight cruise

The overnight cruise with Real Journeys is great but be very careful about parking in the bus parks by the Milford Sound terminal. I have seen cars blocked by the buses because they have nowhere else to park. Park in the car park its much safer.

Te Anau
Destination Expert
for South Island, Te Anau
reviews: 29
3. Re: Milford Sounds overnight cruise

Bill, THis is only a problem during the day. After about 3pm all the coaches have gone and it's safe to use the coach park. THis is more secure than the public car park, which is just over the road from the pub. Real Journeys advise their overnight passengers to use the coach parks for this reason.

4. Re: Milford Sounds overnight cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, October 20, 2009