We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day in Dunedin New Zealand

Which Dunedin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
reviews: 6
1 day in Dunedin New Zealand

My husband and i will be on a cruise early November 2013.We are in Dunedin for 1 day could you please recomend a tour company.

Nelson, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
reviews: 45
1. Re: 1 day in Dunedin New Zealand

This might help :)

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255119-i2118-k593…

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 11
2. Re: 1 day in Dunedin New Zealand

Hi! My husband and I were also in Dunedin for just one day on a cruise in December 2012. We did the 10:30 AM Old Town Walk by CityWalks (http://www.citywalks.co.nz/) to get a good overview of the town and the history, and to see some of the sights. It departs from the Visitor Center, which is right near the Octagon (city center) where the shuttle from the cruise drops you off. That walking tour is about 2 hours long, so when that was over we took a taxi out to Baldwin Street (the world's steepest street), and then did the Speights Brewery tour, which was really fun and interesting. After that, we picked up the shuttle back to the ship, spent a little bit of time exploring the town of Port Chalmers (where the ship actually was docked), and then got back onboard. It was a great day! Obviously, if you're interested in seeing the penguins at the Otago Peninsula, you'd have to skip either the walking tour or the brewery tour. It really just depends what you're most interested in. Hope that helps!

manchester
reviews: 6
3. Re: 1 day in Dunedin New Zealand

Thankyou it will be very helpfull when we deside what to do,glad had a good holiday

Nambucca Heads
reviews: 19
4. Re: 1 day in Dunedin New Zealand

Hi, We will also be in Dunedin on 11 November 2013 for only one day. As we really wanted to see Dunedin itself and all its great buildings, museum, old homes, Speight Brewery, Cadbury Chocolate factory, etc. we have decided on a tour with Good Company Tours. They have on offer a pickup from the ship at about 9.20am and drive you to Dunedin CBD. You can do your own sightseeing until 2pm when you are again picked up and taken on a guided tour of Dunedin and surrounding areas. Then back to the ship by about 4.15pm.

Google them and see if this is what you are looking for. Their current price is $NZ35 per person. Also, there are many places to visit which are within an easy walk of Dunedin CBD itself so I believe it will be easy to while-away the 4 hours before the actual 2-hour guided tour.

If you wish to book with them you will need to email them first

plymouth UK
reviews: 20
5. Re: 1 day in Dunedin New Zealand

The seaside train ride is fab, but don't buy it via your cruise or you will be charged terrible costs . !

6. Re: 1 day in Dunedin New Zealand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 12, 2014