We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Which Christchurch hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
reviews: 13
Where to stay?

Hi, we have 3 nights in Christchurch for an aniversary and i would normally stay somewhere in the central city. With the Red Zone issues wondering where a good place to stay would be, city area or further out. Would like to walk to restaurants, sights etc but will probably still have a car to use. I have never been to Christchurch so any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Macau
reviews: 184
1. Re: Where to stay?

Congratulations on your anniversary? What is your budget? The George never closed - Chch's only 5 star hotel. What do you plan to do? The Ibis has reopened in the central city, but you might prefer a motel in the Merivale/Papanui Rd area (quite a few good restaurants within walking distance.)

If you are there for a weekend try to get to the Riccarton Framers' market at Riccarton house. Lovely spot to walk by the Avon, graze on local delicacies (including Stewart island Blue cod pies - mmmmmm!); even take a 10 min bush walk.

Christchurch, New...
reviews: 9
2. Re: Where to stay?

Hi gcats. I live in Christchurch and would definitely recommend Riccarton area as a place to stay. A lot of restaurant and pub options with many hotels/motels to stay at. Riccarton Road will have it all for you.

melbourne
reviews: 13
3. Re: Where to stay?

Thanks for the replies, will look into those areas mentioned had a quick look and there seems to be some nice places there. Much appreciated.

4. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, December 17, 2013