We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LivingSpaces/The Mill accomodation recommendation needed by...

Which Christchurch hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ventura, CA
reviews: 8
LivingSpaces/The Mill accomodation recommendation needed by...

Does anyone know about Living Spaces/The Mill accomodations? The website looks great with lots of pluses for a low price ($85). Is there a down side?

Orlando, FL
1. Re: LivingSpaces/The Mill accomodation recommendation needed by...

I wonder the same thing. Anyone have comments about this place?

--sam

Aoraki Mount Cook...
reviews: 42
2. Re: LivingSpaces/The Mill accomodation recommendation needed by...

I've got to admit to being curious - it does sound cheap.

I haven't heard of it or seen it before either in Chch or in Invercargill.

The location in Christchurch is good and similar places (eg Quest) cost quite a bit more. But I have been in Christchurch in the past month in that area and I don't remember seeing it (not to say that it isn't there).

Interested to hear if anyone has stayed there.

Orlando, FL
3. Re: LivingSpaces/The Mill accomodation recommendation needed by...

I contacted them about a one night stay in late March, but they were fully booked. If the reality lives up to the website, I can understand why.

--sam

Orlando, FL
4. Re: LivingSpaces/The Mill accomodation recommendation needed by...

After doing a little more research... the concept here is supposed to be student housing with a modern spin. There are only so many units available for hotel stays. Those may run out quickly depending on what's going on.

search google for "livingspace" christchurch

with the quotes included. I found a couple of articles... oh yes... and they're listed on wotif.

--sam

Ventura, CA
reviews: 8
5. Re: LivingSpaces/The Mill accomodation recommendation needed by...

Well, then, I guess I may have to give the first review of the place on tripadvisor. From the info so far, I hope it is not too noisy. But it does look pretty interesting and I've tried to book several different types of lodging for our trip.

Te Anau
Destination Expert
for South Island, Te Anau
reviews: 29
6. Re: LivingSpaces/The Mill accomodation recommendation needed by...

Living Spaces in Invercargill is just opened. It's right on Tay street in the centre of town, above a group of shops.

My wife tried to stay there for a night last week, and the girl on the desk didn't have a clue. No idea if there were any rooms available, or how much they might cost.

If they are predominantly student accommodation with public sales as a sideline that might explain it.

Christchurch, New...
7. Re: LivingSpaces/The Mill accomodation recommendation needed by...

Livingspace is well appointed and very well designed, they have about 30 rooms that are set up for hotel all ensuite, the balance is made of apartments for 3 month plus stays Your very close to the centre of town and the modern conversion of the old building is excellant with a central light well. Great views from the top as well

Invercargill
8. Re: LivingSpaces/The Mill accomodation recommendation needed by...

Have stayed at both Christchurch and Invercargill Living space - absolutly terrific - right in the middle of town and all accomodation is like new ! they seem to also have long term accomodation as well - our son is off to wellington university this year and I can assure you that if they had a branch in Wellington then that is where he would be staying ! It is clean, warm, and very secure with key card access to all floors and your room - would be very hard to beat as far as cost effective accomodation goes !

Invercargill
9. Re: LivingSpaces/The Mill accomodation recommendation needed by...

Have stayed at both Christchurch and Invercargill Living space - absolutly terrific - right in the middle of town and all accomodation is like new ! they seem to also have long term accomodation as well - our son is off to wellington university this year and I can assure you that if they had a branch in Wellington then that is where he would be staying ! It is clean, warm, and very secure with key card access to all floors and your room - would be very hard to beat as far as cost effective accomodation goes !

Singapore
10. Re: LivingSpaces/The Mill accomodation recommendation needed by...

Most of the reviews I read gave it the thumbs up. Also I emailed their FrontDesk who were very helpful and upfront with their replies.

They confirmed they do not have airconditioning. On a chilly night, its not a problem. On the warmer nights if you wish to open the window, you may get the noise from the bar nearby.

I decided to change my choice because of that - guess it depends which part of the year one is visity.

The website looks really great and most reviewers seem happy with it. If you stay for a stretch of 7 nights or more, the rates are really great.

Do post your review should you decide to give LivingSpace a try.