We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timing for Afternoon Tours

Which Blenheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
reviews: 194
Timing for Afternoon Tours

We will be arriving in Blenheim on a 12:20pm arrival from Queenstown in February. Hoping we can find a 1/2-day afternoon wine tour that would accommodate, while allowing time to dash our belongings off at the hotel. Any suggestions?

4 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas
reviews: 53
1. Re: Timing for Afternoon Tours

Rent a car, designate a driver who will not taste any wines, do the tour yourself. We've done that before with me doing the driving. The vineyards with tasting rooms are easily found, ask your hotel for a map.

While in Blenheim, have a look at the Omaka Aviation Heritage Center, well worth the time.

http://www.omaka.org.nz/

Another alternative is to hire a taxi for 4 hours, we've also don that so I could enjoy a few tastings...

Edited: 9:06 pm, July 12, 2013
new zealand
reviews: 279
2. Re: Timing for Afternoon Tours

there are lots of wine tours available and a tour is a great idea when you are short on time, not familar to the area and allow you to sample wines without danger of drinking and driving.

bubbly grape vine tours, sounds connections wine tours. marlborough tours, and there are many others.

Raleigh, North...
reviews: 194
3. Re: Timing for Afternoon Tours

Thanks everyone! Most of the tours start at Noon, but the Sounds Connections afternoon tour does start at 1:30pm. My question is - do you think arriving at 12:20 at the Blenheim airport is realistic to think we could get our rental car and get to hotel and be there for our tour pick-up? Or do you think the tours would do an airport pick-up and then drop us at the hotel at the end of the tour? Thanks!

new zealand
reviews: 279
4. Re: Timing for Afternoon Tours

Check around as there are many private tours and they will cater to your demand. Yes, they will pick up at airport and drop back to hotel.

Reply to: Timing for Afternoon Tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted