We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Te Papa Museum

Which Wellington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
reviews: 27
Te Papa Museum

How long should I leave to explore Te Papa Museum? Im on a 2pm Cook Strait crossing so will need to be there for approx 1pm will 3 hours be long enough????

thanks in advance

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
reviews: 118
1. Re: Te Papa Museum

You will have a rushed view of Te Papa in three hours but you will see enough not to be disappointed. Leave your coffee until you get on the ferry. Ideally one needs a half day to do the museum thoroughly

Wellington, New...
reviews: 43
2. Re: Te Papa Museum

I agree with bean, just make the best of the time you have available for Te Papa. Get there as early as you can - there are cafes near by and inside the building - and enjoy.

Leicester, United...
reviews: 27
3. Re: Te Papa Museum

Iv got my little camper so ill make one on there whilst i wait for it to open then!!!

Thanks very much!

Wellington, New...
reviews: 7
4. Re: Te Papa Museum

You could spend 2 days at Te Papa and still feel like you've missed something out. I think a few hours is plenty to have a decent look around and experience the main attractions.

As mentioned, you should get your coffee to-go :)

Highlighted exhibitions to view in this short time may include the giant squid and Maori village exhibitions.

Have fun, Te Papa is a must see even for a short visit!

5. Re: Te Papa Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 24, 2012