We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best playgrounds in wellington

Which Wellington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
best playgrounds in wellington

Hello. I am headed to Welington for a long weekend after a long flight and then train ride in July. Am looking for some recommendations about great playgrounds. Thanks!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
reviews: 120
1. Re: best playgrounds in wellington

Are we talking about playgrounds for the 18 plus or ankle biters

Ottawa, Ontario
reviews: 40
2. Re: best playgrounds in wellington

Let me start by saying that New Zealand seems to have some of the best playgrounds I have ever seen. On both the South and North Island, my two kids (7 and 9) have been enthralled by the diversity and challenge of the playgrounds that we have found.

In Wellington, don,t miss the playground at the Botanical Gardens. The highlight was a spinnning pole thing that also rocked back and forth. My description leaves much to be desired, but the kids thought it was super fun!

Enjoy!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington
reviews: 34
3. Re: best playgrounds in wellington

Another to check out with the kids is the refurbished Central Park at the bottom of the Brooklyn Hill near the tennis club. I hear it has flying fox! (The botanical gardens flying fox was broken last time we were there in January)

Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
reviews: 7
4. Re: best playgrounds in wellington

The botanic gardens flying fox was working yesterday!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
5. Re: best playgrounds in wellington

Im disappointed that the OP hasnt come back but there is a good playground at Chaffers Park opposite the Overesa Passenger terminal down at the start of Oriental Parade. There always lots of kids there when we walk past. I have made the assumption that the playgrounds are for ankle biters

New Zealand
reviews: 223
6. Re: best playgrounds in wellington

Wellington City Council has a good list of playgrounds here - …govt.nz/services/prksplygrnds/index.html

Wellington, NZ
reviews: 14
7. Re: best playgrounds in wellington

My daughter loves Shorelands park in Island Bay - several climbing frames, a HUGE slide, many see-saws and swings and barbeques.

Get there by taking the No. 1 bus from town to its terminus near the beach.

Wellington, NZ
reviews: 14
8. Re: best playgrounds in wellington

My daughter loves Shorelands park in Island Bay - several climbing frames, a HUGE slide, many see-saws and swings and barbeques.

Get there by taking the No. 1 bus from town to its terminus near the beach.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
9. Re: best playgrounds in wellington

Where has the OP gone

Troy, Michigan
reviews: 7
10. Re: best playgrounds in wellington

Only went by one. Take the tram up to the botanical garden and walk down. The playground was about half way down and was fascinating. Lots of kids having a great time.

Edited: 12:00 pm, March 11, 2011