We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel, restaurant, bars and spa- wellington

Which Wellington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cheshire
reviews: 25
hotel, restaurant, bars and spa- wellington

I'm treating my sister to a spa/beauty treatment and a night in Wellington in February. I want a plush hotel near to bars and a restaurant, any recommendations? Was looking at the Bolton or Intercontinental Hotel?! was hoping for nice wine bars etc?!

please help?!

katie

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
reviews: 118
1. Re: hotel, restaurant, bars and spa- wellington

For a great night out and to make things as easy as possible I would recommend the InterContinental Hotel for your accomodation and for a top bar and restaurant I would recommend Matterhorn in Cuba Street for a few drinks before or after dinner. It was rated one one the finest bars in the world - take it as you will or if the evening is fine and warm you could do a lot worse than sit outside ST Johns bar in the evening. St Johns bar is on the waterfront about 10 mins walk from the Intercontinental.

For an top class evening meal there are only three choices:

Logan Brown in Cuba Street - Voted best restaurant in NZ 2009 or

Matterhorn in Cuba Street - Voted best restaurant in NZ 2008 or

Martin Bosley's on Oriental Parade voted best restaurant in NZ 2007.

These three restaurants are of the highest quality anywhere in the world.

If one was start at St Johns bar then a further 10 minutes walk around the waterfront is Martin Bosley's.

Logan Brown is about 5 minutes walk up Cuba Street from Matterhorn. If you have drinks at Matterhorn you have the choice of staying for dinner or heading up the raod the Logan Brown.

You will need to book at all three restaurants.

Levin, New Zealand
reviews: 1
2. Re: hotel, restaurant, bars and spa- wellington

If you would like to be treated like a VIP, do yourself a great favour and have a look at the Spa accommodation at Vista Del Sol, outside Te HORO.

Absolutely fabulous where your hosts Mike and Lynette Slee, will spoil you like you have never been spoiled nefore. They are fantastic hosts! The food is absolutely amazing and in more than the normal expected portions.

The Spa is an experience of a lifetime. Lovely rooms with a quite lift inside the lovely decored home.

Have a look at their beautiful website

Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
reviews: 7
3. Re: hotel, restaurant, bars and spa- wellington

Matterhorn don't take dinner bookings. But it is a fabulous bar with an extensive wine list . . .so even if you don't eat there, visit it for a pre or post-dinner drink.

I go to the East Day Spa, which is close to the railway station. Great facials and they do a great job at eyebrow threading. It's about a 10-15 minute walk from the Intercontinental or you can catch a bus for $1. The Bolton is very nice, but it's in the business district, so it gets rather dead at night and it's further from Courtenay Place. I think the Intercontinental will suit you better in terms of location.

cheshire
reviews: 25
4. Re: hotel, restaurant, bars and spa- wellington

Fantastic advice thankyou so much, Im lookig forward to it even more.

5. Re: hotel, restaurant, bars and spa- wellington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 03, 2010