We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Pavilions

Which Tauranga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Charles...
reviews: 3
The Pavilions

Help

Cannot find email address on the Pavilions in Mount Maunganui in Tauranga NZ. We saw it a few years ago while vacationing but cannot find a website. Have they changed ownership in the last year?

ucolorado

New Zealand
reviews: 8
1. Re: The Pavilions

Hi ucolorado, here's their email, they don't have a very professional website and it looks like they may now have a connection with the Ocean Towers apartment complex next door. If you have no luck let me know and I'll call them for you (I live in Tauranga)

bookings@pavilion.net.nz

http://www.pavilion.net.nz/new_page_1.htm

St. Charles...
2. Re: The Pavilions

Hi Zappers,

Thank you so much for your response. As you are very familiar with the area what would be your recommendations for accomodations. We (my husband and I) are looking to stay for 5-7 nites in October of 2007.

Thank You

ucolorado@aol.com

New Zealand
3. Re: The Pavilions

I think you have picked the best place with the Pavillions(although I haven't seen inside them) As you'll know it's right in the centre of the Main Beach and handy to just about everything, you'll want to have one of the beachside apartments with a balcony and view though. Are you looking at booking soon, I would imagine that they would have repeat business that would book from year to year and also being in such a great spot and not too big would be the choice of many.

St. Charles...
4. Re: The Pavilions

Hi

Yes I am planning on booking now. As it is, I can see by their sight that their deluxe 1 bdrms look to be booked already. But I did write them right away and am awaiting a reply.

When we were there last with our older children we just loved the area and the location of the pavilion was super.

Cannot wait to book the balance of the trip in paihia as soon as we can get this one squared away. My husband is an avid golfer and is anxious to play some NZ golf courses

Thank you so much for your help and insight!

New Zealand
5. Re: The Pavilions

Have you considered Russell opposed to Paihia? It's a lovely little quaint village and doesn't have the "over the top" buzz of Paihai, which really is just the service town for the BOI. There are some lovely lodges over on the Russell side as well.

Did you know that NZ has the most number of golf courses per capita of any country in the wrold? Your husband is going to be in 7th heaven! He is obviously going to play Kauri Cliffs but have you consider Hawkes Bay, the Cape Kidnappers course is another one that is stunning and getting world-wide rave reveiws.

St. Charles...
6. Re: The Pavilions

Hi

One of the many reasons we decided to come back to NZ is the courses.-Is Kidnappers in Taupo. I remember reading on the top 10 and that one looked great. I was thinking of booking into Cliffs Edge. What do you think of that versus accomodations in Russel?

Wellington, New...
reviews: 43
7. Re: The Pavilions

Cape Kidnappers is in Hawkes Bay i.e. Napier, Hastings etc.

New Zealand
8. Re: The Pavilions

Thanks kiwi................ no Wellington questions to answer tonight? :)

New Zealand
9. Re: The Pavilions

ucolorado, I know exactly where Cliffs Edge is and it will be fabulous for you. It's just above Opua Bay and marina (where we actually berth our boat when we have shore duties to do) It has wonderful views out across the harbour, beautiful sunrises and you'll be able to watch the car ferries come and go all day, along with all the boaties heading out to fish or coming in for provisions. Because it's also on the "mainland" side (not far from Paihia) you can do day trips out and about without having to cross on the ferry all the time. A good choice- it's quite a walk to Paihia even though it's not far as it's very hilly between Opua & Paihia. There is a walkway (at lowtide) along the cliff base and thru the mangroves between the two but I'm not sure there would be a connection up to the Cliffs Edge although I'd imagine there would be.

Fabulous!

New Zealand
10. Re: The Pavilions

And if you do make it to Cape Kidnappers then this is where you must stay! Not only do you get fabulous rural views and the "Craggy Range" of Te Mata peak but two stunning wineries as well- The Black Barn accommodation is the pick of the bunch although The Cellar Masters Cottage in the Craggy Range vineyard is another great choice. Best of all they're only 20 minutes from Cape Kidnappers. Unadulterated luxury!

http://www.craggyrange.com/

http://www.blackbarn.com/property.asp?id=2

www.hawkesbaynz.com/pages/craggyrangeretreats

http://www.capekidnappers.com/

Now you're tempted aren't you :)