We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tauranga, New Zealand

Which Tauranga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Marco Island...
Tauranga, New Zealand

what places should we see in Tauranga, Nwe Zealand? Will be there January 5,

Pennsylvania...Abing...
reviews: 20
1. Re: Tauranga, New Zealand

I'll be following this post Bart. My hubby and I will be there just at the new year... next year. Hoping you have great weather while you're there. The beach is supposed to be lovely.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
reviews: 55
2. Re: Tauranga, New Zealand

My family lives in Tauranga: when I was visiting with them before leaving on my current trip, they were commenting on how little there is to attract tourists to Tauranga. For example, many of the people who come in on the cruise liners take a day trip out of Tauranga, such as to Rotorua, White Island or Hobbiton. Of course, it has beaches and the Mount to climb, an art gallery (but no real museum - although it has a quite nice museum of aviation) and my nephews loved the Adrenaline Forest (it involves various ziplines through the treetops and obstacle courses - not for everyone!).

Tauranga, New...
3. Re: Tauranga, New Zealand

i am an iunternationaL student and want an accomodation near ntec collage of hospitality management....

Tauranga, New...
4. Re: Tauranga, New Zealand

Things to do in Tauranga:

walk around and or up Mount maunganui, a great walk.

Visit the Elms Mission station, dates from 1837 and is just over the bridge in the city.

Try your hand at BloKarts, a version of land yachts invented here in Tauranga.

see the Kiwifruit visitor centre at KIWI360.

Learn to surf on the golden sandy beaches.

Try wine tasting at Mills Reef winery, a short drive from the port.

Visit McLaren falls park, great scenery.

Try the Jet Boats on the kaituna river just past Te Puke.

Soak in the hot salt water pools at the base of Mount Maunganui.

Visit the Classic Flyers avaitaion museum and go up in one of the old planes for sights and aerobatics if you can stand it.

So a few things to do.

Adelaide, Australia
5. Re: Tauranga, New Zealand

My husband and I went on a wonderful tour with a company called NO8 tours, we went all over the place and into Rotarua to a Maori village where they still live, saw hot springs bubbling mud etc. and a Maori show that was put on for us in the village. It was a day tour and we were back well in time to be on the ship before it sailed. We highly recommend this company, there were only 14 on the mini bus sow we could go places that the big buses cant get into.

6. Re: Tauranga, New Zealand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:22 am, April 02, 2013
Auckland Region...
7. Re: Tauranga, New Zealand

Does anyone know if there is any campervan rentals in Tauranga?I tried to google it, but there seems to be no offices there?We take a bus from Auckland and then back and wanted to hire a campervan!

8. Re: Tauranga, New Zealand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, May 06, 2014