We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rotorua a pleasant surprise

Which Rotorua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 10
Rotorua a pleasant surprise

Before visiting Rotorua we did not know what to expect other than the thermal attractions and associated odour.We were pleasantly surprised at the tree lined streets, good accommodation,great choice of food options and good choice for shopping. What surprised the most was how clean the place was Not a bit of discarded rubbish anywhere. Take a bow people of Rotorua. Another thing we enjoyed was browsing through the shops. We came upon a beautiful interior decorating place called Steiners that had a substantial Christmas tree in the front window made up of pine cones My wife fell in love with the shop and is pushing for us to visit Rotorua this Xmas just to see the tree lit up!!!

Rotorua New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Rotorua
reviews: 29
1. Re: Rotorua a pleasant surprise

Great to get this positive feed back. Yes, RDC gardeners do a great job as do the cleaners. There are still a lot of lazy people out there and those cleaning up after them deserve this kind of pat on the back. Thanks Tony I. Hope you get a chance to visit again soon.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel
reviews: 2,863
2. Re: Rotorua a pleasant surprise

Indeed. This was nice to read.

Rotorua, New Zealand
reviews: 9
3. Re: Rotorua a pleasant surprise

Great to read such positive feedback. So often on forums people are so much quicker to comment on the negatives. Thanks for taking the time to share your enjoyment of our city.

Rotorua New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Rotorua
reviews: 29
4. Re: Rotorua a pleasant surprise

Tony, I hope you are aware of the direct flights between Sydney & Rotorua. Your wife will be able to fly over and see the Christmas decorations later this year.

Oz
reviews: 31
5. Re: Rotorua a pleasant surprise

Hi,

Tony I triggered what little memory remains in my abused grey cells. Over many trips the bleeding obvious is not only is NZ a beautifu country but compared to many places, including Oz, the litter problem appears to be of a much smaller magnitude or the locals take great pride in their communities or both!

Tony if you have only visited the North Island wait until you visit the South Island. The scenery changes from beautiful to picture postcard perfect.

Cheers,

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 10
6. Re: Rotorua a pleasant surprise

My wife and I had the pleasure of visiting the South Island of New Zealand last year. All we say is that God must have been in an extra good mood when he created the South Island. Stunning visual overload with nice people to go with it. We felt ten years younger when we came back home!!!

ireland
reviews: 26
7. Re: Rotorua a pleasant surprise

Wonderful to hear! Makes me so so look forward to our first trip to NZ next January.

ireland
reviews: 26
8. Re: Rotorua a pleasant surprise

Wonderful to hear! Makes me so so look forward to our first trip to NZ next January.

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 15
9. Re: Rotorua a pleasant surprise

I second this. Coming down from the ever-buzzing Auckland, we immediately fell in love with Rotorua's quaint vibe and cleanliness. The town had a homey feel to it, there was no bad sulphur odour and the people we met there were lovely. I like it that the attractions are not far from town, and are mostly located close to each other. Well done!

10. Re: Rotorua a pleasant surprise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 30, 2014