We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tongariro to rotorua

Which Rotorua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta
reviews: 8
tongariro to rotorua

what should we do when we drive from Tongariro to Rotorua. We will have a full day to do the drive and expect to stop at Taupo on the way -- Huka Falls but what else should we do that day?

We go to White Island the next day and then have another whole day in Rotorua as well and I am trying to get a handle on what to do when.

Thank you!

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Macau
reviews: 157
1. Re: tongariro to rotorua

Will you have spent the previous day on the Tongariro Crossing? If not I recommend the Taranaki falls Hike from Whakapapa Village (about 2 hours round trip). The Wai-o-tapu thermal area is located between Taupo & Rotorua and it would be convenient to visit it enroute (allow 90 min to 2 hr).

atlanta
reviews: 8
2. Re: tongariro to rotorua

We have decided not to do the crossing but will do some of the shorter hikes in the park. I will look into Taranaki and the Wai-o-tapu area.

Thanks

Hamilton, New...
reviews: 24
3. Re: tongariro to rotorua

There is a lot of things to do in Taupo. The Prawn Park where you can catch and eat your prawns. Walk Craters of the Moon. Lots of shops and cafes and lake activities, sailing, cruising/

4. Re: tongariro to rotorua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, October 27, 2012