We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket open on Sunday in Rotorua?

Which Rotorua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Queensland
reviews: 17
Supermarket open on Sunday in Rotorua?

We will be in Rotorua and Taupo on a Sunday and will need to pick up food supplies before we head to our skiing lodge, will there be a larger supermarket open in Rotorua rather than wait until we get to Taupo in the afternoon? thanks in advance, Ella

New Zealand
reviews: 8
1. Re: Supermarket open on Sunday in Rotorua?

Surprise, surprise all Supermarkets are open in NZ on a Sunday and well into the evening.

There is a Woolworths in Victoria Street and a Countdown in Fenton Street in Rotorua, both on the way out to Taupo. Here's the Google maps for directions;

http://www.google.co.nz/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADBR_enNZ273NZ278&q=rotorua+supermarket

There is also a few well equipped supermarkets in Taupo if you forget anything, all very handy to your entry into Taupo;

Pak 'n Save on Ruapehu Street & Woolworths in Spa Rd, on the just after you cross the Waikato River and enter into town.

http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?hl=en&rlz=1T4ADBR_enNZ273NZ278&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=taupo+supermarket&fb=1&split=1&gl=nz&ei=637ESZnqL9aHkQWFksDDDA&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=image

Rotorua New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Rotorua
reviews: 29
2. Re: Supermarket open on Sunday in Rotorua?

Woolworths, Rotorua no longer exists instead we have two Countdown Supermarkets. One, at leastthe one in Fenton Street, is open 6 a.m. until midnight every day. There is also a New World in Old Taupo Road. There is also a supermarket in Turangi.

New Zealand
3. Re: Supermarket open on Sunday in Rotorua?

Sorry about that. I don't actually do my grocery shopping in Rotorua :) But Val is that a Countdown on cnr of Te Ngae Road and Fenton?

Queensland
reviews: 17
4. Re: Supermarket open on Sunday in Rotorua?

Thanks, just making sure everything runs smoothly as my family are relying on me to organise everything,

here in some towns you are likely to not find a supermarket open on a sunday!

Rotorua New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Rotorua
reviews: 29
5. Re: Supermarket open on Sunday in Rotorua?

Yes Zappers, lots of paint used for changing signage over recent months.Guess who pays in the long run for the name changes? Went to the Farmers Market in Tauranga today and enjoyed it. I was told the one in Mt Maunganui on Sundays is even better.

New Zealand
6. Re: Supermarket open on Sunday in Rotorua?

We could have been rubbing shoulders! I was there too. I usually try to go at least once or twice a month. It's come a long way in a couple of years. I haven't been to the Mount market but now that you mention it I must make a point of checking it out soon.

Next time you're over this way let me know, we could have a coffee(or glass of wine ;)

7. Re: Supermarket open on Sunday in Rotorua?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, October 19, 2009