We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cemetery at Paihia, Bay of Islands

Which Paihia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reno, Nevada
reviews: 4
cemetery at Paihia, Bay of Islands

Am trying to find out the name of the cemetery at the St. Pauls Anglican Church in Paihi. Am planning to visit this area soon. The cemetery is on the main street and the church is also on the property. Can'f find the name of the cemetery anywhere, but there are graves in the front and also in the back yard area

8 replies to this topic
Greymouth, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
reviews: 40
1. Re: cemetery at Paihia, Bay of Islands

It does not have a name,

th e church is also known as the 'Willams Memorial Church'.

the current church was built in 1925 and was actualy built over obe grave is is almost below the alter

Reno, Nevada
2. Re: cemetery at Paihia, Bay of Islands

hi thanks for answering, I checked findagrave.com and it does not seem to be listed. That is strange as there are many graves there. How can it not have a name? People are still buried there Are you local? Could you call the church and ask? It is important for me to find out the name exactly. I thank you for any help you can give me

Nelson, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
reviews: 44
3. Re: cemetery at Paihia, Bay of Islands

I'm guessing it isn't a 'cemetary', but is the graveyard for the church. Therefore it won't have a name - it is part of the church grounds.

And by asking any of us to phone the church - you do realise it is a long distance call for Bean or me?

Surely if it is so important to you, you can made the call and you can pay the charges? - or why not write to the church?

best of luck :)

Reno, Nevada
4. Re: cemetery at Paihia, Bay of Islands

Wasnt suggesting anyone pay long distance charges. For info, I was under the impression I was getting responses from a local...so sorry! Will handle it myself. Thanks for your time

Auckland Region...
reviews: 43
5. Re: cemetery at Paihia, Bay of Islands

You could contact the info centre and they maybe able to help you.

http://www.paihia.co.nz/ContactUs.cfm

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
reviews: 105
6. Re: cemetery at Paihia, Bay of Islands

One cant miss the church and its grounds, it is right on the waterfront in Paihia. The Church still holds regular services there. I have been past it many times. If you want to have a look around no problem just pop in but knowing where you are be respectful and you will be fine.

Greymouth, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
reviews: 40
7. Re: cemetery at Paihia, Bay of Islands

You could check with the bay of islands District Council who may also have the records of the church cemetry.

The vicar for the parish is in Kerikeri.

Reno, Nevada
8. Re: cemetery at Paihia, Bay of Islands

Thanks all for your responses...have it figured out now..No more information needed!

Reply to: cemetery at Paihia, Bay of Islands
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paihia