We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taiamai Tours

Which Paihia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
reviews: 10
Taiamai Tours

I am seriously considering this tour company.

The price is to be NZ$600 for 1-2 days which will include accomodation in the owner's house for a night.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this company and arrangement. I have read the reviews of this company on Tripadvisor but am looking for any additional thoughts.

Whangarei, Northland
Destination Expert
for Auckland, Whangarei
reviews: 34
1. Re: Taiamai Tours

Hi there

I don't know anything about their overnight/ multi day tours, but their daytime tours are excellent and would thoroughly recommend.

Washington DC...
2. Re: Taiamai Tours

Thank you for responding.

It is the NZ$600 price tag that I am debating as well. Might it be better instead of staying with him to do the day tour and stay at a hostel.

Or would it be a real experience spending time with this Maori tribe and with his family ?

Also, do you know the name of a Catholic CHurch in Paihia ?

Whangarei, Northland
Destination Expert
for Auckland, Whangarei
reviews: 34
3. Re: Taiamai Tours

I'm not sure if I can help you on this decision - I would probably tend towards just doing the day tour, but the overnight experience will be something unique.

Catholic Churches - I don't think there is one in Paihia - the old historic 'Chris Church' in Russell (which is a lovely 10 minute ferry ride from Russell) would probably be the closest.

Paihia
reviews: 4
4. Re: Taiamai Tours

There is an Anglican Church St Paul's on the main road. It has Catholic services on Saturday evening at 5.30pm and 12.05pm on a Thursday.

Paihia
5. Re: Taiamai Tours

Hi,

I don't know anything about overnight tour with Taiamai Tours. I only know about the day tours which is $135.00 per Adult which is a 2.5 Hours waka tour up the Waitangi river with local guides. They leave at 10.00am & 1.00pm and are subject to minimum numbers.

Yes, the closest catholic church is in Russell. You have been informed of the catholic services at the Anglican church.

Regards Sue

Washington DC...
6. Re: Taiamai Tours

Thank you all - I think I will take the day tour and forgo the overnight tour.

7. Re: Taiamai Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Paihia