We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auckland- Whangarei-then onto BOI

Which Paihia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 5
Auckland- Whangarei-then onto BOI

Hi,

Just a quick question...is there a wine and food festival on in Paihia the weekend of 17/18 November? We land in NZ on the night of the 16th. I have just tried to book accommodation in Paihia at the top rated TA accomm and everyone seems to be full. Could we break up our trip and stay at Whangarei for a night or 2 (do the Poor Knight Island Cruise) then move onto Russell or Paihia and miss the Weekend traffic? Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated. We then plan to head down to Coromandel Pen, Bay of Plenty and Rotoura. Cheers and Thanks

Whangarei, Northland
Destination Expert
for Auckland, Whangarei
reviews: 34
1. Re: Auckland- Whangarei-then onto BOI

Hi there

It is the Kerikeri half marathon that weekend...

Having said that I have just looked at availability in Paihia for those days, and almost everywhere has availability, so I don't think there is any issue with availability of accommodation generally. - which property were you trying to book ??

However, breaking your trip in Whangarei and doing the Perfect Day cruise from Tutukaka would be an excellent idea, it is a great cruise and the area around Whangarei and Tutukaka Coast is beautiful.

Send me a PM if you want any specific help or ideas with accommodation (either in Whangarei/ Tutukaka Coast area or Paihia)

Kerikeri, New...
reviews: 39
2. Re: Auckland- Whangarei-then onto BOI

Paihia will probably be benefiting from people booking, who are finding it difficult to stay in Kerikeri, so maybe the better places are full. Paihia is OK if you like tourist centres, but I think the idea of finding a nice spot on the Tutukaka coast is good, rather than staying in Whangarei. Alternatively you could try Russell - a great alternative if you want to stay in the Bay of Islands.

3. Re: Auckland- Whangarei-then onto BOI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:41 pm, November 06, 2012
Paihia
4. Re: Auckland- Whangarei-then onto BOI

Hi,

There is the Kerikeri half marathon on this weekend and a street party in Kerikeri at 5.30pm.

I think breaking your jourmey and staying a couple of nights in Tutukaka would be a good idea. Paihia accommodation should have freed up after the weekend. I would base myself in Paihia as it is the heart of the bay of islands. Have a good trip!

Regards Sue

5. Re: Auckland- Whangarei-then onto BOI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Paihia