We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marlin Court Motel, Paihia

Which Paihia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Marlin Court Motel, Paihia

Can anyone please advise what is Marlin Court Motel like? We are traveling with a small dog and there is not much choice. Most importantly, what is a swimming pool like, are there pool lounges etc? Or should we switch our booking to Aloha (also allows dogs) and how steep is a hill where Aloha is?

Any advice will be most appreciated.

Whangarei, Northland
Destination Expert
for Auckland, Whangarei
reviews: 35
1. Re: Marlin Court Motel, Paihia

Have a look at the thread on the link below aswell - there are a few other options aswell as the 2 you mention

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255110-i3513-k574…

There wouldn't be much to choose between Marlin Court and Aloha in terms of quality or location

Paihia
2. Re: Marlin Court Motel, Paihia

Hi, Marlin Court Motel is on the Flat and has a small swimming pool.

Aloha Motel is up a steep hill and then down quite a steep drive and has a bigger swimming pool with loungers

Sue

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
reviews: 37
3. Re: Marlin Court Motel, Paihia

I have stayed in The Anchorage Motel in Pahaia for a couple of nights.

It is right on the seafront.

There is a main road in front of the motel but it is not too intrusive

Very level walk of about ten minutes into PAHIA.

Bars and shop closeby

Small pool

Not sure about pets

Very friendly

Ground floor rooms very accessible

Stands good comparison with similar motels

I would stay there again

Edited: 5:39 am, September 14, 2012
UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
reviews: 37
4. Re: Marlin Court Motel, Paihia

Sorry the link above is not working

This might help

http://www.anchoragemotel.co.nz/

If you are planning a driving tour , did just tht back in February and stayed in motels and apartments all over NZ

Apart from one, which was basic and tired, we were never disappointed.

The rooms are generally more spacious than UK motel rooms and almost always have some basic cooking facilities and a decent sized fridge.

The BA of Islands is beautiful and Paihia is a great place for a base.

Enjoy

I am not connected in any way with the Anchorage

UK
5. Re: Marlin Court Motel, Paihia

Thank you all for your replays

I called Aloha and they don't allow dogs over Christmas period, as they are very busy, so we booked Marlin Court.

Hope everything goes fine....

Reading
reviews: 12
6. Re: Marlin Court Motel, Paihia

Not sure about pets, but another vote for the Anchorage where we would definitely stay if visiting Paihia again. I doubt it's ever too riotous in the town centre, but the motel is on the seafront at the edge of town and only a short, level walk in. Plus one of the two best restaurants we went to in a week there is literally next door, it also does great breakfasts, and the other about 200 metres towards the centre.

7. Re: Marlin Court Motel, Paihia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 23, 2013