We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay with pets in Paihia - any recommendations?

Which Paihia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
reviews: 56
Places to stay with pets in Paihia - any recommendations?

Travelling with a dog to Paihia - has anyone got tips for pet-friendly accommodation?

Nelson, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
reviews: 45
1. Re: Places to stay with pets in Paihia - any recommendations?

Try these wotif.com/hotels/new-zealand-north-island-pa…

the AA also clearly shows pet friendly accommodation.

Best of luck :)

Paihia
reviews: 4
2. Re: Places to stay with pets in Paihia - any recommendations?

Hi there

The Edgewater apartments on the waterfront are dog friendly and gets good reviews!

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g255110-d606210…

http://edgewaterapartments.co.nz/paihia/

Whangarei, Northland
Destination Expert
for Auckland, Whangarei
reviews: 35
3. Re: Places to stay with pets in Paihia - any recommendations?

Hi there - if you go onto www.aatravel.co.nz, and use the 'search and book' facility on the left of the home page, selecting Paihia as the location, and typing 'pets' in the bottom search box, this will come up with a few options.

Edgewater Apartments is not one of them and I would be quite surprised if they accept pets, but I could be wrong.....

Nelson, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
reviews: 45
4. Re: Places to stay with pets in Paihia - any recommendations?

I travel with my dog - I sometimes contact properties which don't advertise as being pet friendly and in the majority of cases they allow my dog and I to stay.

Once I contacted a place down the West Coast which advertised cabins which were dog friendly. When I sopke with them they said the animal had to sleep in the car. This I don't think pet friendly at all - and no, we didn't stay. My dog has never been left outside overnight.

So when travelling with my dog I always phone or email in advance and make sure we are in agreement on what the term 'pet friendly' means.

best of luck :)

Rotorua New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Rotorua
reviews: 33
5. Re: Places to stay with pets in Paihia - any recommendations?

We have a small dog and we do as WL writes...check first. We have found accommodation providers are becoming somewhat more flexible on dogs being allowed inside. Our dog travels with bedding , dishes, lead and plastic pooper scooper bags. As long as pet owners do not abuse the priviledge, I am sure it will become even easier to travel with pets. After all, they are part of the family and responsible pet owners probably leave their accommodation in a better state than some groups.

6. Re: Places to stay with pets in Paihia - any recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:41 pm, November 06, 2012
Auckland Region...
reviews: 56
7. Re: Places to stay with pets in Paihia - any recommendations?

Thank you everyone! Great tips and much appreciated.

8. Re: Places to stay with pets in Paihia - any recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 07, 2013