We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to NZ this afternoon, need help on BoI lodgings!!

Which Paihia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
reviews: 25
Flying to NZ this afternoon, need help on BoI lodgings!!

An unexpected break has come up and we have decided to spend the time in New Zealand, in particular mainly in the Northland. I have now managed to get an itinerary together, and am looking at accommodation in the various places on our itinerary.

I have got the first 3 nights accommodation (in Titirangi and then in the Hokianga region) and then the last three nites accommodation (in Tongariro NP region and in Manakau before departing Auckland) booked.

We fly out this afternoon for Auckland (thus running short on time) and I am wondering if any fellow TAs would be able to recommend accommodation in the Bay of Island area. We have a rental car. We are in our "mature" years, and what we are looking for is:

self-contained accommodation,

preferrably reasonably new, but in any event not dated,

wireless internet (important )

bbq (preferable - though not essential)

tranquil (and nice) surroundings

Price range: 100 - 250 NZD

Does anyone know of any suggestions? We would like to have the BoI accommodation sorted out if possible!

Thank you.

Hong Kong
reviews: 25
1. Re: Flying to NZ this afternoon, need help on BoI lodgings!!

A follow-up to my post above: have checked Hananui Lodge and Russel Cottage (both recommended on this forum) but not available on 10 and 11 March. The places do look good!

Whangarei, Northland
Destination Expert
for Auckland, Whangarei
reviews: 35
2. Re: Flying to NZ this afternoon, need help on BoI lodgings!!

Hi there

In the Bay of Islands you have a wide array of options - there are 3 main towns to consider, Paihia, Russell & Kerikeri...

All have their ros & cons, Paihia is modern and very tourist orientated, Russell is a smaller historic town, but still with modern places to stay, and Kerikeri is an great town with lots going on, and generally is my favourite of the 3, but it is not beachfront like Paihia & Russell are.

PAIHIA

Try SEASPRAY APARTMENT, EDGEWATER PALMS, WATERFRONT SUITES

RUSSELL

Would have suggested the 2 you have already tried, could also try Seaport Village

KERIKERI

The PROMONTORY is a lovely self contained place...

Have a great trip

Auckland, New...
reviews: 16
3. Re: Flying to NZ this afternoon, need help on BoI lodgings!!

There is a lovely apartment on the Russell waterfront - The Gables Waterfront Apartment, see it listed on www.boiholidays.co.nz I think it meets all your

requirements and is beautifully appointed.

Reading
reviews: 12
4. Re: Flying to NZ this afternoon, need help on BoI lodgings!!

Obviously I'm way too late to reply to the original poster (in fact it looks like we would have been in Paihia at the same time) but for anyone else with the same question I would recommend the Anchorage Motel without hesitation. Detailed review of the trip when the jetlag has worn off!

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
reviews: 37
5. Re: Flying to NZ this afternoon, need help on BoI lodgings!!

I have stayed at the Anchorage and it would most certainly have fitted the requirements almost spot on

Recommended.

6. Re: Flying to NZ this afternoon, need help on BoI lodgings!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, March 16, 2013