We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Takapuna - NZ

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
reviews: 3
Takapuna - NZ

Hi, travelling to NZ mid Feb with my wife and considering staying at the Emerald Inn on Takapuna beach. Only one review on this hotel to date, has anyone been or stayed at this place? Would love some suggestions as to good bars or restaurants in the area too. Thanks V much.

Northland, New...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Takapuna - NZ

Emerald inn is a good choice in that area

Here's a couple of bars I would recommend

http://www.belgianbeercafetakapuna.co.nz/

http://www.killarneyst.co.nz/

www.eatout.co.nz/customers/cust.106733.html

Denver, Colorado
2. Re: Takapuna - NZ

I have not been to Emerald Inn, so I can't comment about it, however, my husband & I recently returned from our 6-week trip to NZ and we stayed at the Spencer on Byron (SOB). It too is in Takapuna and room 1912 has absolute awesome views. The room has a spacious layout, complete with kitchenette (refrigerator, 2-burner stovetop, microwave, & dishes), 2 TVs (one in the living room & on in the bedroom) and the bed is very comfortable. We stayed in that room twice, once on 12/25 and again on 12/29 before returning home on 12/30/06. On Christmas night we moved the table & chairs in front of the window & elected to rely on room service for a romantic meal. Our meals were DELICIOUS! On 12/29 we walked down a block and ate dinner at a delicious Brazilian restaurant called "Wild Fire". The SOB is an easy 3 block walk from the beach. I highly recommend it.

Happy travels:o)

Montreal
3. Re: Takapuna - NZ

Takapuna's a good spot. I too can't really say much about the Emerlad Inn...but I may be able to give you a couple of idea on what to do?

1. If you don't have a car & want to go into the downtown, take a bus (main bus station in central Takapuna) into Devenport, a nice little village, with some very good eateries & take the ferrry into the CBD.

2. Make a point of walking along Takapuna Beach- again very close to the Takapuna centre. The water will be nice & warm for a wade/swim & safe...& you'll get a close up of some very nice beach houses, right on the water.

Scotland
4. Re: Takapuna - NZ

Thanks for all your thoughts, looking forward to the trip and visiting some of those recommended bars/restaurants. Thanks again.

5. Re: Takapuna - NZ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, August 25, 2009