We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auckland airport to Whitianga

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oakville, Ontario
Auckland airport to Whitianga

Arriving in Auckland on Thursday, Jan. 17 at 12:50. What are my options to get from here to Whitianga?

I know that Go Kiwi operates a shuttle but it leaves at 14:00 and a delayed flight or time in customs would mean that I would miss the shuttle, which would need to be pre-paid.

Are there any other options other then car rental?

New Zealand
reviews: 8
1. Re: Auckland airport to Whitianga

Short answer is no- It's not on a busy bus route, the shuttle will be your best option- have you talked to them to see if they will wait for you. It may be that they give you a little leeway with flights. Our staff often catch a shuttle to Tauranga from the airport and it has waited for them in the past on small delays.

Kawhia,New Zealand
reviews: 62
2. Re: Auckland airport to Whitianga

i agree

Whitianga has a small airport but if you can't catch the flight available - need to get car or shuttle-

Or bus to Thames and hitch from there.

3. Re: Auckland airport to Whitianga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, September 15, 2009