We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attractions for Young Kids in the North Island

Papua
Attractions for Young Kids in the North Island

Hi,

We're a family of 4 with 2 girls aged 7 and 5 and are planning to tour around the North Island, in an area South of Auckland and North of say Turangi for 1 week.

Not wanting to repeat the trips of my youth "did you see that kid's, sorry no time to stop now" I wanted instead to travel around in a more relaxed fashion, planning trips where possible from one childrens attraction to the next, say things like horse/pony rides, waterfalls, heated swimming pools, easy bush walks, interseting theme parks etc.

This will be the first time our children have toured NZ (they're used to Big City Australia) so simple country things will probably be exciting.

Any suggestions appreciated.

New Zealand
reviews: 9
1. Re: Attractions for Young Kids in the North Island

Hi Grasberg, check out my comments for the Bay Of Plenty area on this previous thread

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255105-i403-k5880…

Also check ms328 trip report (nth island portion) for some great ideas

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255116-i729-k5244…

Trip_Report_5th_to_18th_March_Christchurch_Queenstown_Rotorua_Mt_Maunganui_Auckland-l3224279-South_Island.html#3224279

Paste the thread back together, TA only allow 140 characters.

Hope this helps, come back with any specific questions you may have.

New Zealand
reviews: 9
2. Re: Attractions for Young Kids in the North Island

Actually, after all this time, I have just found out that you can just cliick on the highlighted thread and you'll get taken to the thread anyway- no need to paste! Well I never, you learn something everyday! :)