We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do around Perth for 5 days

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
What to do around Perth for 5 days

Two of us are travelling to Perth in April and will be staying there for only 5 days, we really want to get a feel of Perth and the surrounding areas (that we can get to in a hired car returning to Perth each day)We would like to spend some time relaxing on the beach though while we are there,could any one recommend the best highlights of the area and which beachs are best,especially for a beginner at surfing.

Perth, Western...
reviews: 2
1. Re: What to do around Perth for 5 days

There are plenty of places you can go to within a day around Perth.

Cottesloe Beach, City Beach and Scarborough Beach are very popular swimming beaches.

For nightlife you could visit Subiaco or Leederville. You must visit a pub for the Sunday Session - the most popular are The Left Bank in Fremantle or The Queens in Mt Lawley. There are many more, I've just not been to one for a while.

You could visit Mandurah which is just under an hour's drive south. It is a very popular and relaxing spot. You can also see dolphins there or at Rockingham on the way back to Perth. Check these websites out: http://www.dolphins.com.au/English/index.html

http://www.whitemanpark.com.au/index.asp

Or you can go as far south as Bunbury in about 2 hours' drive.

www.southwestlife.com.au/outdoors1201.htm

Try the Swan Valley for some local wineries and restaurants and where you will also find Whiteman Park for some wildlife.

The Darling Ranges National Park and wineries are about 40 minutes' drive north-east of Perth, along Great Eastern Highway. Try the Darlington Estate Winery for delicious food and a terrific atmosphere.

There are so many places. Contact me on +61421 897 700 if you would like any help when here or I may even be able to show you around a bit.

Tina

East Sussex, England
2. Re: What to do around Perth for 5 days

Hi

Rottnest Island is worth a visit, only a short boat trip from Fremantle. You can hire bikes there. There are quokkas on Rottnest. Really sweet, small, kangaroo type animals.

The Fremantle prison trip is good too. Think you can also do an evening visit on certain days of the week.

We drove up to the Pinnacles when we visited Perth. A longish drive (think it was about 4 hours each way!), but we did it in a hire car in a day. Well worth seeing.

In Perth itself, there is Kings Park (think that's what is called). Godo view of the city from there.

Perth, Western...
3. Re: What to do around Perth for 5 days

Yes, I agree, you must go to King's Park. Unfortunately though (or not) there is a lot of construction everywhere around Perth at the moment. I was at King's Park last weekend for "Symphony Under the Stars". I took my camera to get some pics for my homepage on Virtual Tourist, but the construction - and that eyesore - the Perth Convention Centre spoiled the picture so much I have decided to wait for a while to get a good one. I hope you take into account that our cityscape from King's Park is usually a lot prettier than it is currently, but King's Park is still a wonderful place to see.

london
4. Re: What to do around Perth for 5 days

thanks so much for all your advice! all sounds great, am hoping to pack alot into our five days in perth and all your advice will help massivly!

london
5. Re: What to do around Perth for 5 days

just one more question i forgot before, can anyone recommend a hire car company that charges a reasonable rate. thank you!

Peterborough...
reviews: 76
6. Re: What to do around Perth for 5 days

Visit Hillary Boat Harbour if you get time; lovely beach close by and not as far as it looks away from Perth. We used Europecar but beware of extra insurance with some of the companies. I got scared into paying a top up of ��100 at the desk. Try not to leave booking too late, I did and was limited to just a few companies that would book within a week.

Southampton
reviews: 1
7. Re: What to do around Perth for 5 days

Hi Fairyprincess, have a look at this great web site which lists heaps of free things to do:

dukesapartments.com/…20Perth.htm