We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wa for family with small children

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
LOndon
reviews: 1
Wa for family with small children

My husband, our two toddlers and I are arriving in Perth on the 19th of September. We plan to saty in Perth for about three nights then travel by campervan or car to Broome or head south, we can not decide.

Could you please advise us on campervan trips, family friendly apartments/hotels, things to do, places to see.

Thanksx

Perth WA
1. Re: Wa for family with small children

Things to do (day trips/activities):

The Western Power playground in King’s Park is nice for a picnic. There’s a great treetop walk too, suitable for all ages (and prams.)

Take the ferry across to South Perth and visit the Zoo. The Australian animals section is an interesting walk though different habitats.

Go to Hilarys Boat Harbour and visit the Aquarium. There’s a good range of shopping and cafes at nearby Sorrento Quay. Also a safe beach for wading and a small fun park.

Heading north, Yanchep National Park has walking trails, caves, rowboat hire and a koala boardwalk.

Heading south, Bunbury offers the Dolphin Discovery centre which is excellent.

Fremantle, Australia
reviews: 6
2. Re: Wa for family with small children

First time ... definitely head south. Trip to Broome is huge, ( equiv Lands End to John O'Groats and half way back again). And that's just one way. A popular drive is south to Bunbury, Busselton, Margaret River, Nannup, Pemberton,Walpole, Albany, Esperance, Norseman, Kalgoorlie and back to Perth via Coolgardie, Merredin and Northam. Good van parks most places but be mindful of the local school holidays 30 Sept - 15th Oct inclusive. Although you will have a campervan, things can get a little busy, particularly in the southwest region.

LOndon
3. Re: Wa for family with small children

Thanks so much Magray and RollyB your advise is much apreciated. Looks like it would be best to travel South. I did have my heart set on campervaning to Broome but I guess a week would not be long enough.

Could anyone tell me a bit about Broome. Maybe we will fly there after seeing the sights down south.

Thank youxxx

bristol uk
reviews: 46
4. Re: Wa for family with small children

We went to the Perth Mint with our children - it was good fun and the children "minted" their own coins, saw gold being melted down and tried to pick up a gold bar ( shame they didn't suceed) We then travelled south to Bunbury in the hope of seeing the wild dophins at the doplhin centre there - we were unlucky, due to freak weather conditions however I think the success rate is generally high. Hope this little bit of info helps

5. Re: Wa for family with small children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, August 22, 2009