We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth in April 2014

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Perth in April 2014

Hi my husband, 6 year old son and I plan to fly to perth in April 2014 to visit friends in Bunbury. I just wanted to get some opinions/recommendations on my planned itinerary.

Planning to hire a car and drive straight to Margaret river. Stay there 2 nights then head to Bunbury to visit friends.

Drive back to perth (undecided on where to stay) thinking freo from the forums on this site for 4 nights.

Day trip to rott nest island in there somewhere.

Any hotel/motel recommendations, things to do etc would be much appreciated as we are first time visitors to perth.

Berlin, Germany
reviews: 27
1. Re: Perth in April 2014

Hi Leicha.

Stayed in Acacia Chalets in Margaret River in December 2011. It was a really great place for our two nights stay:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g255367-d174043…

If you are planning to visit the caves, in my openion Ngilgi Cave in Yallingup is by far the best.

Back in Perth we stayed in Sorrento and took a daytrip to Rottnest from Hillarys Harbour, where you'll also find WA's aquarium, the AQWA: http://www.aqwa.com.au‎

Perth, Australia
reviews: 100
2. Re: Perth in April 2014

Hello Leicha, where you stay in Perth will depend on whether you've been to Perth before and what you're looking for. In February the weather is very hot and often little seabreeze this time of year.

The city will obviously be the most central location. Here you can get to Fremantle, Rottnest Island, the Swan Valley, Sunset Coast (Cottesloe to Yanchep) Penguin Island and of course the city sights. However if you've seen it all before and want a beach/cosmopolitan location then Fremantle is a great choice.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
3. Re: Perth in April 2014

Not sure why you're mentioning February weather as the OP is visiting in April, when it will be cooler.

Brisbane, Australia
4. Re: Perth in April 2014

Thanks everyone. Leitstrahl I checked out the acacia chalets in Margaret river, great reviews! Will defiantly have to look into accommodation there!

Ozjj, no we have never been to perth. From the forums, many people have said don't stay in the city as it "shuts down" after business hours hence we were thinking freo might be the best place to stay? I also had a look at Cottesloe beach which looked quite nice. We will have a car so getting around won't be a drama.

Thanks again guys, keep the suggestions coming!

Perth, Australia
reviews: 44
5. Re: Perth in April 2014

Actually the CBD has changed a lot in the past 12- 24 months. It no longer "closes down" after 5.30pm. There are many new bars and restaurants and new little laneways with hidden spots to grab a drink. Rave reviews being seen & heard for places like Bar de Halcyon; The Terrace Hotel; Laneway Lounge and just about all of the venues in Brookfield Place.

Whether you stay in Freo or Perth CBD will depend on what you intend to do. Freo is around 30 minutes on the train from the CBD. Examples of overnight hotel parking in Perth - around $30 a night (self park) at the Pan Pac; $20 at the Hyatt (self park).

Busselton
reviews: 10
6. Re: Perth in April 2014

If you are going to Margaret River dont miss Busselton and Dunsborough...Busselton has a beautiful jetty with a train running out to underwater observatory, lots of nice eating spots, on the way to Dunsborough you have Simmos Icecreamery set in the bush, wonderful kids animal zoo, Dunsborough bakery is a must, I am originally from Perth, now in Busselton, i would stay in city and train it to Fremantle, bus up to our beautiful Kings Park, lots of playgrounds up their for six year old hope that helps....we always stay at Mantra on Murray in Perth, affordable clean and central to everything...

7. Re: Perth in April 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 am, December 26, 2013
Perth, Australia
reviews: 9
8. Re: Perth in April 2014

Any reason you want to do Margaret River before Bunbury? After arriving at the airport you might prefer the shorter drive to Bunbury first.

9. Re: Perth in April 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 31, 2014