We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone got a spare day 1 and/or dayAshes ticket? Please!

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunny Preston
reviews: 7
Anyone got a spare day 1 and/or dayAshes ticket? Please!

Hi All,

Like a lot of people,I missed out on buying a ticket for the Ashes.

I'll be in Perth (first time!) long enough to see either day 1 or day 2 (hopefully both days) and wonder if anyone has a spare ticket if they would consider selling it on to me-the beers would be on me!

I hope this post isn't against Tripadvisor rules-no harm meant.

Even if I draw a blank it ain't the end of the world-looking forward enormously to seeing Perth,Aice,Adelaide,Melbourne,Sydney and then NZ!

All the best,

Si.

Fremantle, Australia
reviews: 5
1. Re: Anyone got a spare day 1 and/or dayAshes ticket? Please!

Wow Si, I think you're adding a new dimension to the word 'hopeful'. My advice would be to book yourself a nice comfortable hotel on one of our beautiful beaches, stock up the icebox with your beers and watch the tests live (I understand) on local television during daylight hours our time. I think most of us who missed out on tickets will be doing the same.

western australia
reviews: 3
2. Re: Anyone got a spare day 1 and/or dayAshes ticket? Please!

Hi Si90,

you may want to try ebay.com.au which had tickets available last time I looked.

Sunny Preston
reviews: 7
3. Re: Anyone got a spare day 1 and/or dayAshes ticket? Please!

Thanks for the quick replies-sound advice as per on Tripadvisor.

Trying to avoid online touts so will wait until I'm in beautiful Perth and then see how my luck goes!

All the best,

Si.

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 32
4. Re: Anyone got a spare day 1 and/or dayAshes ticket? Please!

Zippy I know that Si already knows this so this isn't for his information - but yours and anyone else who may be thinking the same thing -the ACC has said that any tickets sold on Ebay above face value price will have their bar codes cancelled and the holders will be denied entry to the match.

They have already cancelled over 600 tickets that have been found to have been sold that way.

So no I wouldn't b looking on Ebay.

5. Re: Anyone got a spare day 1 and/or dayAshes ticket? Please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, August 13, 2009