We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch with a view

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
reviews: 134
Lunch with a view

Hi

I'm looking for a really nice restaurant, for lunch, with some sort of view. The lunch is for my husband's birthday.

Not fussy on location - happy to travel from Yanchep to Freo or inland and happy to pay a premium price as long as the food is good!

Thanks.

Fremantle, Australia
reviews: 35
1. Re: Lunch with a view

Hmmm this will get us all thinking! An article I just found might be a start for your research;

…perthnow.com.au/lifestyle/food-with-a-view/…

Re this list I Went to Millbrook a while ago which is a bit of a drive but a great spot.Depends on what sort of view you are after I guess.

Perth, Western...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Lunch with a view

It might be just because I can walk there and don't have to think too much about driving home, but my favourite place with a view is the Bellhouse on the Mends Street jetty in South Perth.

http://www.bellhouse.net.au/

(Pity the picture of the view on their website is covered up with a big black banner.)

We take visitors from overseas there often, and several have asked to go more than once during their stay.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 44
3. Re: Lunch with a view

For the most iconic view, would have to be Frasers in Kings Park. Good reviews. I haven't been for 2+ years but was very good, albeit pricey.

Bluewater Grill in Applecross gets mixed reviews. Is owned by the same person as Frasers. TBH I have never had a spectacular meal there, have been for breakfast lunch and dinner and all have been average but again talking 2+ years ago.

perth
reviews: 84
4. Re: Lunch with a view

The Old Swan Brewery - good beer and steak overlooking the Swan River.

Bluewater grill - if you can get a seat on the verandah area its a beautiful seating. Food was okay when we went for Sunday lunch, perthiteOz is right, mixed reviews.

Indiana teahouse - beautiful views over cottesloe

Subiaco Hotel - no sweeping views but it has a lovely enclosed terrace area making it a nice setting. Excellent food as well.

Little Creatures in Fremantle, in a brewery. Lots to look at. Seating outside over the harbour or in the courtyard. It is a casual place but with a warm ambience.

Clancy's Fish Pub at City Beach - views of the ocean

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
5. Re: Lunch with a view

Indiana Teahouse has great views but poor everything else IMO and also the O of Perth's main food critic, who gave it his most scathing review ever.

Trigg Island Cafe has a lot of good reviews.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
6. Re: Lunch with a view

The Blue Duck in Cottesloe is also nice.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 44
7. Re: Lunch with a view

Trigg Island Cafe is now owned by Kailis and reviews are scathing YF. I concur with your comment re Indiana's.

The Subi is good food and service but definitely no views!

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
8. Re: Lunch with a view

Gosh Perthite, so they are :-( TBH I don't understand the hype about Kailis in Freo, I find it _very_ ordinary, so am not surprised if they have taken over Trigg Island Cafe that it has gone south.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 134
9. Re: Lunch with a view

Thanks very much everybody - def. lots to check out.

I agree that the Indiana Tea House and the Trigg Island Cafe have great views but don't like the food or service in either!

Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
reviews: 5
10. Re: Lunch with a view

Or for something different (although further afield):

Roley's on the Ridge - views over valley and coastal plain.

Lake Charlotte Winery - views over lake

Millbrook Winery - ditto