We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth or Melbourne?

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Perth or Melbourne?

I m planning to bring my 2 kids to Australia during mid November, this is my first time to Austalia, please suggest should I choose Perth or Melbourne. My kids are 6 yrs old boy n 11yrs old girl. Planning to stay for about 5 days there. Thx

Broome, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome
reviews: 41
1. Re: Perth or Melbourne?

Gosh, a very hard question, as both cities are great places to visit for children and adults alike.

I cannot see how any of us can really answer that question without you being more specific as to what you most want to do, enjoy, see and get from this holiday.

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung
reviews: 51
2. Re: Perth or Melbourne?

Personally, I would pick Melbourne for holiday if it's your first time to Australia especially if you are more interested in urban areas rather than nature.. More things to see and do within the city limits.. But It's rather hard choice to pick if you are interested in nature as well.. So might be good if you specify you interest??

Cheers

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
3. Re: Perth or Melbourne?

If you're looking for nature, beaches, wildlife etc, then Perth. If you want edgy urban environment and the arts, Melbourne.

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
4. Re: Perth or Melbourne?

Why not Sydney or the Gold Coast?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
reviews: 575
5. Re: Perth or Melbourne?

Yes; why not Sydney ???

It does depend on your family interests ???

ie.. do they like swimming, shopping, nature etc.etc...

South Pole
reviews: 39
6. Re: Perth or Melbourne?

perth, only becuse it's closer.

Broome, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome
reviews: 41
7. Re: Perth or Melbourne?

Maybe he has friends who have travelled to or studied in Perth or Melbourne...best we wait to hear me thinks.

8. Re: Perth or Melbourne?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 21, 2013