We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
reviews: 1
Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

Went to presentation just for prize. Received 7 day accommodation in Bali or Pattaya. Interested in Pattaya and wondering if any one else has done this one and if the accommodation is OK?

31 replies to this topic
1. Re: Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, June 06, 2013

Newcastle
reviews: 74
2. Re: Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

We too just won the chance to go to Pattaya as part of a redemption prize with Classic Escapes. I am a bit perplexed about darreljohns reply as in his other post he talked about since we started in 1978. It seems like there is some sort of affiliation with Classic Escapes and Darrel. If this was his redemption prize before he first joined then I would not consider 34 years as a couple of years ago!!

Since Classic Escapes only show pictures of the resorts and do not name the resorts in Pattaya then it is rather difficult to decide if it is worth the money or the time to claim this prize. If any other tripadvisor member has been to a Pattaya resort in the last year through Classic Escapes and has not joined, I would like to hear an unbiased comment. Thanks

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
reviews: 78
3. Re: Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

have you both checked out this thread tripadvisor.com.au/…37107401

Newcastle
reviews: 74
4. Re: Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

Thank you yes that's the thread I was talking about that Darrel mentioned in his other post. We are definitely not going to buy into their sales pitch or buy into a time share. We are only thinking of going to take advantage of the 7 days accommodation that we have "Won" I use this term loosely. lol.

I goggled some of the names of the resorts that they list in their website that are situated in Pattaya. Some we found to have only a 2-3 star rating and the reviews are not very complimentary. They also average about $43 per night. So for a studio room for 7 nights this does not equate to the value of the prize, especially when you have to pay a $199 booking fee.

If Classic Escapes were genuinely wanting to get winners to think about joining after they return I would suggest that they offer potential customers the better resorts so they would be more likely to get people to sign up.

I do not think we will be taking up the offer of our "free holiday" as I would be extremely upset to be placed in accommodation that was not what was advertised. I will never get back the 90 minutes of the sales pitch, but that was our choice to collect our prize, no great loss. If we were to spend money to fly there and it did not live up to Classic Escapes spiel then I would be very upset and not impressed at all. Maybe they should rethink their marketing ploys.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 30
5. Re: Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

Their marketing ploys work fine as long as there are gullible sods out their who genuinely believe the word "free" !

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 1
6. Re: Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

Looks like your answer Maree is too

"STEER WELL CLEAR"

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 40
7. Re: Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

We too 'won' a week's accommodation in Bali or Pattaya. We had no intention of joining Classic Escapes but even have grave reservations about taking our prize. The voucher/brochure lists 3 destinations in Bali but does not give the name of the resorts or their specific locations and when we go to the web site and log into the prize redemption area there is no more information - it is just a duplication of the brochure. I am reluctant to pay the $199 booking fee without being able to view the property as there are plenty of second rate properties in Bali for under $50 a night and I don't want to spend my holiday in a dump. Having said that, I have just matched the Nusa Dua pictures in the brochure with Swiss-Belhotel Bay View. Does anyone have any clues as to the others? And is there ANYONE who has actually taken one of these holidays?

Sydney, Australia
8. Re: Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

My husband & I were approached at our local shopping centre by Classic Escapes and recently attended the travel presentation to redeem our prize which was 7 nights on the Gold Coast. The more the presentation went on the more I felt we should have left after receiving our deposit back. The presenter had no idea what he was doing & stumbled throughout to explain what it was all about. We were told that the company doesnt deal with the general public, though they set themselves up in shopping centres...is that not amongst the general public??? During the presentation another employee joined and made what we feel are very inappropriate and un professional comments...along the lines of "everyone has mortgages, bills and family pressures so if you are going to get stressed about all of that then you may as well go neck yourself", which disgusted both my husband and myself.

When it became very apparent to them that we were not going to sign up to the club and pay out almost $21,000 the attitudes of the employees changed and became agitated they werent getting a sale from us. We were also made to feel as though we had to make a choice if we" wanted this in our lives" and was told by one of the employees "i can either help you in or help you out" They tried to push us into signing up and at least 5 times they tried calculating budgets of what they believe we could afford to pay. Finally they gave up and we redeemed our prize...which we will not be taking as its under condition we attend another one of these painful presentations.

Of all the comments I have read in other forums regarding this company...no-one has seemed to have won the ipad which i find interesting....why would they give away something like that when their main aim is to sign up members and create sales??

I think i will also make a formal complaint about this company and the employees we dealt with regarding the inappropriate comments made to us.

9. Re: Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

Hi we won a accomodation prize off classic escapes scratchy that requires $199 and are looking at going to the gold coast as our honeymoon does anyone know what these accomodations are like or names of them?

10. Re: Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

Hi after my fionce and i were given a scratchy off a sales rep from classic escapes we won a prize and then had to attend a 90 min presentation. we didnt sign up with them so we just want to use our prize our prize was 7 night accomodation in bali, thailand or goldcoast it requires $199 for admin and cleaning cost and are looking at going to the gold coast as our honeymoon does anyone know what thes

e accomodations are like or names of them is it worth going?

Reply to: Classic Escapes Redemption Prize
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted