We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choc factory / miniature village

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
perth
Choc factory / miniature village

Went to Decadent C's today ( Chocolate, Coffee, Cake ) at Barragup, just east of Mandurah, across the road from the Abingdon Miniature Village.

We enjoyed our cake and coffee and the more than pleasant surroundings.

An outdoor area was being well used by lots of families, lots of kids having fun ( no " little monsters") ... playing soccer, ( kicking a ball anyway ) using the play equipment and generally having a good time.

Had to ask if there were any samples and was then given 3 small dishes containing a few buttons, white, milk and dark chocolate.

Such a contrast to the other Chocolate Factory where the samples are in large metal bowls...(let's face it one can only " sample " so much, so large bowls don't mean you sample more, it just makes you feel better )

They are closed Weds and open til 4.30 other days.

I then went to the Mini Village opposite.

They have a website ...WWW.abingdonvillage.com.au and if you need transport from Mandurah Station they will collect you if you ask via their website.

Nothing to stop you from then poppingover the road to the chocolate place.

Keep these places in mind if you are in the area.

lennyb.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 147
1. Re: Choc factory / miniature village

Although I do have some concerns about unsupervised children taking handfuls of choc bits directly and repeatedly out of the big metal bowls at the "other place' you mentioned... makes you wonder what else is included in the sample.

Maybe a smaller sample on request is preferable in these circumstances for hygiene reasons..

Edited: 4:51 am, May 20, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 27
2. Re: Choc factory / miniature village

Hmmm I am going to go for the hygiene reasons too - I shudder everytime I see adults and children alike at MR Choc Factory ignoring the teaspoons and just digging on in with their hands. revolting. worse on a hot summer day. And the floor is covered in dropped melted buttons. Grose.

Nice review Lennyb - helpful to future visitors :)

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
reviews: 242
3. Re: Choc factory / miniature village

I was just in the CBD branch of MR Chocolate last week and commented to my other half that something was missing...alas, the floor wasn't caked with mashed chocolate bits...quite refreshing and civilized.

Wish I'd known about the Decadent C's lennyb, three of my favorite things.

Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
reviews: 6
4. Re: Choc factory / miniature village

Even using the spoon has its drawbacks. Try waiting behind a snotty nosed kid that just wiped his his hand across his nose before picking up the spoon. Its a bit of a dilemma what to do after that :-o

perth
5. Re: Choc factory / miniature village

oops, even the small dishes at Decadent Cs did not have a spoon, fingers in was the go.

P.S. I much prefer the chocolate from the MRCF.

And I say I am responsible for the great choc ginger ... I got to to sample it years ago soon after they started and I recommended more ginger than the tiny bit they had then.

lennyb

Perth, Australia
reviews: 7
6. Re: Choc factory / miniature village

oh my goodness somehow it never occured to me about the complete lack of hygene in those big bowls of chocolate at the MRCF!!! I attack those bowls like a rabbid dog whenever i'm there, yes i'm a tad ashamed about that :-/ This will hopefully curb my appetite next time I visit! Although i go in looking wide eyed and crazy I do stop to use the spoon.

And sorry OP but I personally prove your statement wrong ...(let's face it one can only " sample " so much, so large bowls don't mean you sample more, it just makes you feel better ) haha

Abingdon Minature Village is quite a lovely place, would definately reccommend a visit from tourists and locals alike :-)

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
reviews: 242
7. Re: Choc factory / miniature village

I'm with you jess, the whole cootie thing has never bothered me. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, no?

Edited: 3:33 am, May 21, 2012
perth
8. Re: Choc factory / miniature village

Jess747, the fact you Are still with us goes some way to allaying fears about "cross infection" from diving in to the choc buttons.

Just leave some for me.

For me there are worse places to put one's hands.

Lennyb

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
9. Re: Choc factory / miniature village

To be honest I don't get excited about the MRCF chocolate, went there once and came away thinking, "meh..."

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 27
10. Re: Choc factory / miniature village

Funny - I think that about MR choc and also their cheeses. Give me Melbournes Haig chocs and King Island cheeses anyday.