We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honest advice needed

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Honest advice needed

Hi there from Ireland! Im a single guy planning a trip around the world and plan to arrive in Perth mid May and Im not sure how long to stay and what are the best attractions. Also any good hotels that spring to mind would be great and I would totally appreciate any advice as I plan to work my stay around what I get from yourself or selves.

Fremantle, Western...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Honest advice needed

Perhaps you could tell us a little bit about yourself? what interests you? sport? museums? night life? nature?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
reviews: 575
2. Re: Honest advice needed

Take a cruise up the swan river and see a different aspect of Perth.

Go to the beaches.- beautiful beaches.

Do a tour to Margaret River and the SWan Valley.

Go to Fremantle and Rottnest Island.

If you have extra time..its worth hopping on a plane and go to Broome..fab little town with lovely beach and beautiful sunsets.

Stay Cable Beach Resort..and take a camel ride along the beach to watch the sunset.

I would stay two nights Perth

one night Fremantle..lovely village.

The Esplandade Hotel in Fremantle.

Crown Plaza - Perth.

if you like the beach..then Rendezvous Hotel in Scarborough Beach or Sorrento Resort.

woking
3. Re: Honest advice needed

hi kevin, i dont know what the weather will be like in may, i assume it will be mild or wet, i am basing all the trips i have made on it being 25 plus as we were there in dec/jan. perth itself has enougth to offer - shopping(if coming round the world, you would have done enougth of that)swan river, kings park, waca(cricket) and going out(northbridge)and a lot more if your interested, but as any cities tourist brochure, 100% people are only interested in 30% of it. get out of the city and stay in fremantle, again a lot offer the tourist, but weekends are buzzing and there are a lot more bars in a smaller area and the bus or train to perth is 20 mins. after the nightlife you might want to explore the surrounding area, monkey mia(take a few days out for this, visiting various places on the way up and down). margaret river a must, go on a wine tour. bunbury, penguin island, rottnest island. theres so much to do and see- only a couple of days will be spent around perth the rest in the surrounding areas (800km) hope this helps