We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unofficial Perth's Best Beaches

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oz
reviews: 3
Unofficial Perth's Best Beaches

Hi All

The beaches of Perth is one of this city's finest traits. There was an award for the best beaches in Perth but i can no longer find it. So let us list the finest beaches in the Perth Metropolitan area.

My votes are as follows:

Best Overall Beach - Cottesloe Beach

Best Natural Beach - Warnbro Sound

Best for Families - Floreat

What are your thoughts?

Hutch

Perth
reviews: 11
1. Re: Unofficial Perth's Best Beaches

Good votes!

I also like:

Great for Families - Mullalloo

Great Undiscovered Beach - Pinnaroo Point

Scoofy :)

Perth, Australia
reviews: 44
2. Re: Unofficial Perth's Best Beaches

Since I normally only go to the beach to take the hound, I am pretty restricted to where I can go.

However, when I leave the dog at home, I like both Port Beach and Cottesloe. Scarborough is also a good beach with lovely facilities and grassed areas, although can be dangerous so swim between the flags :-)

Fremantle, Australia
reviews: 5
3. Re: Unofficial Perth's Best Beaches

Thank god nobody mentioned Coogee Beach. Now I can get a parking spot!

Perth, Australia
reviews: 44
4. Re: Unofficial Perth's Best Beaches

Geez RollyB - Big Mouth!!!!

:-)

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
5. Re: Unofficial Perth's Best Beaches

What do you call best beaches Hutch? To us best beaches are the quietest beaches. Beachumbrella, fishing chairs and a cooler. So Cottesloe (you mean the beach with the lights?) is not for us, but if you're young and want to party, it's fine. We just drove a while from "down town" Scarborough to the north and had the beaches to our own.

Tet

Oz
reviews: 3
6. Re: Unofficial Perth's Best Beaches

I think its open to your own interpretation Tet. Something like a name and a comment for the readers would be useful.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
reviews: 575
7. Re: Unofficial Perth's Best Beaches

my favourite is Scarborough, i like the surf there and the beach is lovely and wide.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
8. Re: Unofficial Perth's Best Beaches

I like the beaches at Rottnest best because I don't care to swim in the sea (every "thing" with a million legs has YF radar and as soon as I go into the water they converge on me and wrap themselves around my ankles- aaaaaaaaaaaaah!) so I just like to walk along in the shallows and collect shells and sit quietly and read. At Rottnest you can often have the whole beach to yourself. Other places you have to pay a bajillion dollars to have your own private beach :-)

Perth, Australia
9. Re: Unofficial Perth's Best Beaches

For families you cannot go past Warnbro Sound...relatively unspoilt, frequent dolphin spotting, no huge waves and blue sea as far as the eye can see!

Second the Rottnest Island beaches, nothing like having a beach all to yourself.

Olympia, Washington
reviews: 5
10. Re: Unofficial Perth's Best Beaches

How warm is the water there in January? My sis and I are flying into Perth and then heading to the Open, next January. I love swimming in the ocean, but not if the water is cold.

Are there deadly stingers in the water in Perth?