We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mandurah - Train Station Open?

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 30
Mandurah - Train Station Open?

Hi,

Need to get down to Mandurah next week. Was thinking of going by Transperth Bus but saw this on one of the web pages:

"As of July 2007, Mandurah will be linked to Perth via the Southern Suburbs Rail, fast train service – just 48 minutes to Perth, and linking up with Joondalup, Fremantle and Midland"

So can I go there by train now? ;-P

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
reviews: 118
1. Re: Mandurah - Train Station Open?

Hey Checkers

A local Mandurah website last week said it was opening in October. The Pantene hair shampoo company must have shares in this line

"It wont happen overnight but it will happen".

Yea right !

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
2. Re: Mandurah - Train Station Open?

The last I heard it was November. However, they have pushed the date back so may times that if it gets done before the end of next year it will seem like a miracle.

Down Under
reviews: 6
3. Re: Mandurah - Train Station Open?

You'll have to hop on the bus checkers.

I hear the train will run in December...wouldn't that be nice!!??

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 30
4. Re: Mandurah - Train Station Open?

Thanks for all the REAL info, folks! I thought I might have a go at the train for once ... Sighz ... Looks like it's still gonna be the bus for me then.

Hopefully it'll be up and running the next time I visit Perth.

Thanks again! ;-P

5. Re: Mandurah - Train Station Open?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, September 06, 2009