We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broome to Perth?

Which Broome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 36
Broome to Perth?

Hi,

I am planning a trip to WA and thought I could drive from Broome to Perth to cover quite a few areas. However, I notice some car hire companies don't allow this unless you hire 4WD? Does anyone have any tips on driving routes in WA, starting or ending in Perth?

Is it worth trying to do Broome to Perth or better to stay around Perth? I was thinking of doing it in April...

Thanks!

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
1. Re: Broome to Perth?

Perth to Broome is a loong drive- at least three days- and once you leave Carnarvon the settlements are hundreds of kilometres apart. It is certainly a way to see a lot of WA but if time is at a premium possbily not.

Have a look at

www.westernaustralia.com

for some ideas of place to see and things to so, and an indication of driving distances.

You don't really need a 4WD to get to Broome as it's good sealed roads all the way (but DO NOT drive between dusk and dawn as the wildlife makes it too dangerous for new chums), but the car hire firms may have their own ideas.

2. Re: Broome to Perth?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, October 20, 2009