We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get to Beaumaris from the airport?!

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
reviews: 17
How do I get to Beaumaris from the airport?!

Hi, I have tries to research but cannot for the life of me find how to get to Beaumaris from the airport. The airport shuttle bus doesn't list it as an area even though it is supposed to and it seems beyond the scope of pre-ordering on the taxi companies online. I just want to know an affordable way of getting there - approximate cost of a taxi or bus. There are 3 of us. Any advice welcomed. Thanks

19 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 29
1. Re: How do I get to Beaumaris from the airport?!

I have used Southern Cross chauffers a couple of times this year as they have fixed prices (so it doesnt matter if you get caught in a nasty traffic jam etc).

Nice comfy vehicle and the one I had would have easily fit 3 peoples luggage in the boot - it was huge. They showed up exactly on time for both pick ups.

Maybe send them an email for an exact quote as I cant see Beaumaris listed on the sample list here

www.vha.com.au/airport-transfers-melbourne/

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 47
2. Re: How do I get to Beaumaris from the airport?!

FAPAS goes through Beaumauris on the way to Frankston from the airport. Might be worth calling them and seeing if they will drop you off even though it's not listed as a pickup point. http://www.fapas.com.au/home

New Zealand
3. Re: How do I get to Beaumaris from the airport?!

Thank you. They have come back with $116. Thanks for your help.

Melbourne, Australia
4. Re: How do I get to Beaumaris from the airport?!

At that price, perhaps rent a car? Try vroom vroom to compare prices

New Zealand
5. Re: How do I get to Beaumaris from the airport?!

Thanks emel49 I contacted them but they said no.

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
reviews: 39
6. Re: How do I get to Beaumaris from the airport?!

From the airport to Beaumaris is approximately 50 kms. If there are three of you and they have quoted $116, then I would take it.

New Zealand
7. Re: How do I get to Beaumaris from the airport?!

thanks Navy35!

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 167
8. Re: How do I get to Beaumaris from the airport?!

There is a great RSL (Returned Servicemen League) club in Beaumaris really worth having a look at. have a lovely restaurant as well. Open to non members. Sometime ago I was one of the Junior Vice Presidents.

Melbourne, Australia
9. Re: How do I get to Beaumaris from the airport?!

Cheapest way would be main airport shuttle (www.skybus.com.au) to Southern Cross station ($18 ea), then by train (Frankston line). For the train, you'll have to buy a Myki for $10ea that has $4 credit on it - enough for the single trip. You can top it up at the time of purchase, or later, for other public transport trips.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
reviews: 12
10. Re: How do I get to Beaumaris from the airport?!

Beaumaris doesn't have a train station, you would need to get a taxi from either Mentone or Cheltenham railway station, depending on where in Beaumaris you are going. The FAPAS bus does drop off in Mentone, they may be willing to drop you near the station so you can pick up a taxi easily, but as you have discovered, they don't drop off at addresses.

Reply to: How do I get to Beaumaris from the airport?!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted