We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Albert Road Serviced Apartments

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Petaling Jaya...
reviews: 32
Albert Road Serviced Apartments

Hi to all DE

I will be visiting Melbourne in March next year during the F1 Grand Prix week. I am interested to stay in Albert Road Serviced Apartments.

On the days leading to the F1 Grand Prix and during the F1 itself, will there be any road closure around the apartment & any disruption to traffic?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

3 replies to this topic
Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 41
1. Re: Albert Road Serviced Apartments

This is last year's information - which is pretty much the same as for previous years, so no reason to suspect next year will be any different.

In that areas there will be severe disruption as you are right next to the track.

msac.com.au/sites/default/files/AGP0615_2013…

Mount Isa, Australia
reviews: 93
2. Re: Albert Road Serviced Apartments

Yes, there will be a lot of traffic disruption.

The above post and its link should answer pretty much all of your questions.

You can get public transport by walking to St Kilda Road. There are several tram stops on St Kilda and they are easy to spot. Taxis can be really hard to get at that time, so keep that in mind.

As long as you are aware of the traffic and allow a little longer to get to and from your hotel when not going to the Grand Prix you will be fine.

Wherever you choose to stay, book soon. Places near the track go very quickly!

Edited: 11:46 pm, October 31, 2013
Petaling Jaya...
reviews: 32
3. Re: Albert Road Serviced Apartments

Hi all

Thanks for your replies and the links are really useful. I have already booked my accommodation.

Reply to: Albert Road Serviced Apartments
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted