We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid City Centre Malaysian?

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 53
Mid City Centre Malaysian?

Hi all ... can anyone tell me the name of the amazing Malaysian place in the Mid City Centre on Bourke St? The one with the really uncomfortable seats but the incredible curries and rosti? Cannot find it anywhere.

Broadford, Australia
reviews: 39
1. Re: Mid City Centre Malaysian?

Jalan Alor?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 53
2. Re: Mid City Centre Malaysian?

You have saved my life !!! Thanks very much.

(not really life & death matter)

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 47
3. Re: Mid City Centre Malaysian?

Another amazing Malaysian place in Melbourne is Mamak in Lonsdale St.

Roti is to die for!

reviews: 3
4. Re: Mid City Centre Malaysian?

And if you want to head to the suburbs try Laksa King or Chef Lagenda (get off at Newmarket Station)!

5. Re: Mid City Centre Malaysian?

I was really disappointed by Mamak in Melbourne. Our experience told me never to order something new from what we usually do at the Sydney one! Our fish was overcooked and tough to eat, and every dish just had something slightly not quite right, which was sad. Love the Sydney one though!

Melbourne, Australia
6. Re: Mid City Centre Malaysian?

I believe you are referring to Jalan Alor.

If you like Malaysian food, a couple of other good places to check out are Pappa Rich (QV building) and Sarawak Inn (Russell Street).

Melbourne, Australia
7. Re: Mid City Centre Malaysian?

I would also like to second Ari's comments about Mamak. I have been there a couple of times and their food is ok but definitely not worth the hype and plaudits.

Edited: 1:12 pm, September 21, 2013
8. Re: Mid City Centre Malaysian?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 23, 2014