We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extragreen holidays to Mt Buller

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Msia
reviews: 1
Extragreen holidays to Mt Buller

Dear all,

I have seen 50-50 good and bad reviews on the above coach transfer.

I am in the verdict to book this as the price is fairly competitive as compared to the rest of the coaches.

Has anyone engaged them lately and how is their service?

Also, can anyone recommend on Mt Buller day trip return transfer + maybe 3 chair lifts + ski hire (equipment, poles & boots) and jackets+pants at approx $220 and below?

Many thanks.

15 replies to this topic
Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 47
1. Re: Extragreen holidays to Mt Buller

This site will give you all of the operators who go to Mt Buller for day trips

mtbuller.com.au/Listings/…Coach

As you can see, there are quite a few so they tend to be pretty competitive.

My own preference is for a bus operator who leaves Melbourne as early as possible and leaves M Buller as late as possible. You can always sleep on the bus!

The Extragreen deal sounds good IF the lift passes are whole day not half day passes - otherwise it's not such a great deal.

Don't forget to add in the cost of clothing hire.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 301
2. Re: Extragreen holidays to Mt Buller

I agree the bus companies are very competitive. It also depends on your skiing ability. If you are a novice then the Discover Ski Package is good. 2 hour lesson plus limited lifts. The lifts listed that you can access will keep you occupied all day if you are learning. Don't forget cost of food and you'll need gloves, hat & goggles. Also take a change of clothes for the trip back. If you can go on a Monday, Wed or Thursday these are best.

3. Re: Extragreen holidays to Mt Buller

Do NOT book with Extragreen! As an example of one person's terrible experience with Extragreen and their ski trips, see www.weekendnotes.com/extragreen-holidays/

Go with ANYONE else, but do NOT use Extragreen. If they make a mistake (which they often do, believe me), they will make you pay extra to correct it. They get very aggressive if you refuse.

Plus they record your personal information while you are making transactions (using hidden cameras - hello Information Commissioner?). Seriously, they are bad, bad news. Don't risk them just because they are a bit cheaper on the surface - they use other ways to make you pay more.

Melbourne...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Extragreen holidays to Mt Buller

Do NOT book a Buller trip through Extragreen. We booked the 1 day unlimited ski trip for yesterday....Aug 31/13. Here are the negatives:

- tour guide on the bus barely spoke a word of English - no big deal except you need to understand when and where and all the rules around getting the bus back which was difficult - she was also fixated with passing out 'sick bags' on the bus

- the ski hire location they use was total chaos - after a 3.5 hour bus trip, it took over an hour to get skis - totally understaffed and disorganised

- the biggest part of this rip off was the announcement that we had to be back on the bus by 3:30 - factoring in time for lunch, for $450 for 2 of us, we got a grand total of 3.5 hours of skiing in - that should be a discounted half day lift ticket which it wasn't

Just not worth the money

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
reviews: 12
5. Re: Extragreen holidays to Mt Buller

How many people were on the bus? It takes time to fit people for ski boots & adjust the ski's, so with a big group I'd expect to wait an hour. Did you go to the ski hire place at the car park? It's always busy as that's where many day trippers get their skis.

Did you not realise how far Mt Buller is from Melbourne? I know when I do a day trip, I leave Melbourne by 4.30am to be ski-ing by 9am, allowing for the ski rental & possible delays on the road up the mountain (ie. fitting chains). I also understand why they give out sick bags, it's a windy road & there would be nothing worse than being on the bus on the way home if people have been car sick.

I understand why you may be disappointed that you didn't get to spend much time ski-ing, but a bit of research should have told you a bus trip leaving Melbourne at 6am & returning at 4pm would have limited time on the ski slopes.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 41
6. Re: Extragreen holidays to Mt Buller

Hi spincentury, I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent ski trip but I'd have to agree with Ellenwillows comments, especially the part about how long it takes to get skis and boots fitted.

Unfortunately it does take time to fit everyone's shoes & skis properly plus to get your ski clothes. The mountain based ski hire shops are especially busier as they day trippers use this. For those that are regular skiers, they get their skis etc fitted off the mountain before heading up. These shops are found before you hit the mountains in the townships and they're usually open by 6am for their customers.

Re: tour cost: I think $225 per person is cheap - I'm assuming that you got a visit to the snow, skis, boots & clothes, bus driver and ski lift pass (fyi, a ski pass & ski hire costs $167 alone)

I hope you still enjoyed the sport of skiing and would encourage you to try again next season.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 159
7. Re: Extragreen holidays to Mt Buller

Extragreen tend to have a rather specific target market, although that can't stop anyone else from coming along too of course!

If you are happy to be on a tour bus where the majority of tourists are likely to be mainland Chinese, then I think this may be the company to go with. If you'd rather not, then I suggest following the aforementioned advice & finding a tour operator that makes the most of your day for a competitive price.

Jakarta
8. Re: Extragreen holidays to Mt Buller

So, what was your decision? Sorry it's been late, but im also about to book mt. Buller tour with Extra Green for sightseeing only and try 1x ride lift. Any advices guys?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
reviews: 12
9. Re: Extragreen holidays to Mt Buller

Have you read post #4? It gives a good overview of what to expect, even though that poster wasn't happy with it.

Jakarta
10. Re: Extragreen holidays to Mt Buller

Yes, i read that. Just wonder, why they could became the top leader and most experienced tour agency to mt. buller? Im not going to sky, just sightseeing.

Reply to: Extragreen holidays to Mt Buller
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted