We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exceptional Dining

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland
reviews: 38
Exceptional Dining

Hi There!

I am in Melbourne early June for a few days. I do this trip once a year and would like some ideas on what is new and fantastic and special in terms of eating in Melbourne. Vue De Monde is on my list, and Attica is too, though I can't seem to get a booking for love nor money whilst I am there.

Any others that are spectacular?

Thanks.

6 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 9
1. Re: Exceptional Dining

If this post isn't too late, i'd suggest Brooks, Chin Chin, Ezard, Cumulus, and Long Grain in the CBD. Circa in St Kilda is delicious, and Rockpool at Crown is great. Some take bookings, some don't. Also - there is a great Facebook page Top Melbourne Restaurants where locals review and discuss the best around.

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 41
2. Re: Exceptional Dining

Jaques Reymond is right up there with V de M and Attica.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 30
3. Re: Exceptional Dining

+1 for Eva's suggestions.

If you're staying at one of the top end hotels, see if the concierge has contacts at those restaurants - they maybe able to fast track your reservation.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 61
4. Re: Exceptional Dining

Grossi Florentino (Italian) in Bourke Street, It's not new, but its always good !

Box on Collins (Seafood) in Collins Street, also not new but good!

Teppan Yaki ( Japanese) in Collins Street,second oldest Japanese restaurant in Melbourne, recently been sold by the Hayes family to an old member of staff.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 14
5. Re: Exceptional Dining

I would certainly recommend Rockpool Bar & Grill. They do some of the best steaks in town. In fact, if I ever feel like steak, that's where I go. Nowhere else!

Melbourne
reviews: 38
6. Re: Exceptional Dining

Also try Taxi, Brooks, MOvida the list is endless.

Now that Attica is in the world's top twenty you are unlikely to get a booking any time soon

Cheers

Reply to: Exceptional Dining
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted