We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiltons heavenly beds

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sandy beach
reviews: 39
Hiltons heavenly beds

After staying there last week I can't stop thinking about the beds ,they had the "wow " factor !

Amazing .

Thought I would let everyone know as many rave about them all the linen and even the bed is available for purchase online .

The quality is beautiful and certainly something I would love to save for , might have to start with the pillows ! Or maybe the Quilt ???

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 38
1. Re: Hiltons heavenly beds

Just out of curiosity, what is the brand of linen they use? Most of the good hotels would have hotel grade linen anyway as they need to withstand daily laundering. I'm assuming the linen would be at 1000gsm or more?

What was the bed/mattress made of? Perhaps a special brand.

Glad you had a great time in Melbourne and especially enjoyed the bed at the Hilton - there is nothing worse than a bad nights sleep!

sandy beach
2. Re: Hiltons heavenly beds

Serenity bed linen

If just type in hotel bed linens you will find the site , not sure how to add the link sorry

The closet I have had in quality was the cha tritium in Bangkok

I am also not a seasoned traveler of 4 and 5 star hotels

sandy beach
3. Re: Hiltons heavenly beds

They say 250 thread count I would have guessed a lot higher

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel
4. Re: Hiltons heavenly beds

It's great to hear and most interesting that a Hilton is being recognized for comfortable bed and bedding. Traditionally Sofitel's 'MyBed' and Westin's 'Heavenly Bed' are the industry leaders in that area.

Competition is a healthy thing.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
reviews: 136
5. Re: Hiltons heavenly beds

FS Bed in Sing was the best bed I have slept on forever... (the one I had at South Wharf was OK but not knock your socks off..maybe it was my sleeping companion)

The one a few weeks ago at FS sydney was almost as good.

Shangs are good, but not wow.

Langham Sydney's need a big overhaul

Melb hyatt are OK

Hilton cairns ..not good for sharing

Will be interesting to rate Sofitel Sydney in a few weeks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
6. Re: Hiltons heavenly beds

It'll be interesting to get your feedback on the Wentworth and their rooms GW, as they've spent a large chunk of money renovating recently. And they went about it very very quietly.

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 47
7. Re: Hiltons heavenly beds

Just goes to show it's all about individual needs and perceptions.

When the Langham was in a former incarnation (The Observatory), I found their beds the most comfortable I had ever slept in. The mattress toppers were superb,the pillow menu allowed me to pick a perfect pillow for my needs and the linen was silky, fine and glorious.

So unless they tossed out all the beds and bedding when they changed brands, I'd dispute the need for an overhaul.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
8. Re: Hiltons heavenly beds

It is interesting Eva, as there was no changes in furnishing when the Langham management took over, just signage and collateral. They do have a listed $20 million soft refurb scheduled though.

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 47
9. Re: Hiltons heavenly beds

I'll definitely pencil it in for a 'night in the city' then.

It still remains one of my favorites in Sydney. Glad to hear the Langham didn't do away with the 'clubby' charm. Hopefully they won't go 'corporate' like the Langham in Melbourne. Don't look out the windows and you could be anywhere in the world

I call it the MacDonald's effect. It doesn't matter where in the world you come from, you know what to expect and know that there will be no 'ethnic' or 'local' surprises. Just like buying a Big Mac!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
10. Re: Hiltons heavenly beds

>>>I call it the MacDonald's effect. It doesn't matter where in the world you come from, you know what to expect and know that there will be no 'ethnic' or 'local' surprises. Just like buying a Big Mac!<<<

I know exactly what you mean Eva, and it's very true. Brand consistency is slowly starting to be a thing of the past and there's only a handful left, that focuses solely on a singular hotel product. Off the top of my head, it's Four Seasons, The Peninsula, Mandarin Oriental and Langham who are the only 'luxury only' singular branded hotels worldwide.

Coincidentally, I wrote a little recent news on the Business Forum about the CEO of Four Seasons being 'let go' - and it was all about sacrificing the charm for bottom line profit. Very sad news.

But I think you'll be safe with The Langham Sydney. The current group MD is an old school Englishman, very traditional and preaches traditional grandeur and service.