We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8D7N in Melbourne

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 7
8D7N in Melbourne

We are senios of 60+, will be in Melbourne for 7 nights in late October 2013, & plan to see most of the must-see in and around Melbourne. We are thinking of 2 alternatives:

(1) Book accommodation on our own & buy 1-day or 2-days trips to go out of Melbourne, or

(2) Buy a package including accommodation & day tours from a tour agent.

Which one will be a better choice? Please advise. Thanks.

Canberra, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
reviews: 2
1. Re: 8D7N in Melbourne

Hi. I notice you have posted a number of times, including on other people's threads. Are you having trouble finding your previous questions? Although, I suppose if you are you won't see this either :-)

Port Vila, Vanuatu
reviews: 18
2. Re: 8D7N in Melbourne

Personally, I would go with the do it yourself option. Melbourne is a very easy place to get around and there is a lot to be said for just walking around and stopping where you are interested. There are also plenty of places where you can book short tours and day trips if you want to get out into the surrounding areas. This option will allow you a lot of flexibility to do what you want, when you want it.

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 7
3. Re: 8D7N in Melbourne

Thanks.

Looks like it will be a better choice not to do any pre-planning or pre-booking of day tours.

Do you think we can get a better deal by shopping around for day tours in Melbourne? Which part of the city has most tour operators to look around?

4. Re: 8D7N in Melbourne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 31, 2014