We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GOR, Point of Interest

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, TX
GOR, Point of Interest

Dear all, me and my wife will join Great Ocean Road day tour but different company provide different point of interest so please kindly let us know your feeling if you been these places before.

1. Bells Beach(Australia’s most iconic surfing break) vs. Geelong’s colorful bollard.

Since we will spend 5 days in Airlie beach so I "assumed" Bells beach should be similar but are these colorful bollard an interesting place to visit??

2. Maits Rest Rainforest Walk. How do you rate this 30-40 minutes rainforest walk? Average or very good?? Is this walk a garden type?

The company who goes to visit Geelong's colorful bollard will NOT come to Maits Rest Rainforest Walk so it made our decision so hard...

Thank you so much for all your feedback...

Ryan

South Pole
reviews: 39
1. Re: GOR, Point of Interest

1. bells beach and airlie beach are nothing like one another. BB is a spectacular surf break (if the conditions are right) and beach, airlie a virtual backwater.

2. very good. not a garden walk. huge trees, thick rainforest understorey

http://tinyurl.com/a5bbnpz

never heard of the bollard walk. had a look on the net. quirky but give me nature every time.

Canberra, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
reviews: 2
2. Re: GOR, Point of Interest

I don't really understand the choices as you have laid them out. Bells Beach vs Geelong? Geelong vs Maits Rest. How many choices are there? Oh, is the vs a typo? 1 is Bells Beach and Geelong, 2 is Maits Rest? Which companies are they, it would be good to have links to the tours in case we pick up anything else that might be pertinent to a decision. Good idea by Lien to have a look on the net, that's what I would do, google for images, see what appeals more. But anyway, the bollards are along the city waterfront and they are very cute and the waterfront is very nice, the rainforest walk is lovely, I guess the big difference is one is a landscaped urban environment and one is a natural environment.

Dallas, TX
3. Re: GOR, Point of Interest

Hi Macknee & Lien, thanks for your valuable suggestion & I do find following info regarding bollards' trail in Geelong...

virtualtourist.com/travel/Australia_and_Ocea…

geelongaustralia.com.au/common/…202009.pdf

(P.16-P.20)

We are not surfing lovers and bollards' trail looks fun. On the other hand rainforest walk looks fun too. Too bad there's no company offer tours to see bollards' trail and rainforest walk. Anyhow we will keep searching... :)

Thanks, Ryan

Edited: 10:22 pm, March 06, 2013
Port Vila, Vanuatu
reviews: 19
4. Re: GOR, Point of Interest

Rainforest walk is great, we did it recently with our kids and they loved it too. Bells Beach is nice but if you are not into surfing, it may not have that much meaning. The area in Geelong where the bollards are is also nice, especially on a sunny day. Sorry, this probably hasn't helped! However, first choice for me would be the Rainforest walk

Enjoy your holiday!

Canberra, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
reviews: 2
5. Re: GOR, Point of Interest

Hi. Do you have links to the TOURS you are considering?

I too would choose Maits Rest, but that might not be the best choice for anyone else. Also for example if one tour was in a big tour bus and the other was in a smaller minibuses I would prefer the smaller tour. Also I'd be checking where are meal stops, what sort of arrangements for meals?

6. Re: GOR, Point of Interest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 09, 2014