We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment choice

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pokeno
reviews: 25
Apartment choice

Hi, We will be staying in the CBD for 5 nights from May !st at the end of a 3 week tour of Victoria. We'll be using public transport and like self catering. Queen Vic Market's a must! We hope to visit the St Klida weekend market and the museums. I had hoped to stay in Southbank but my husband prefers the CBD. We like quiet, views & space. Have narrowed choices down to an apartment on the corner of Little Lonsdale & Spencer Sts, Mantra on the Park (some less than stellar reviews) and Oaks on Lonsdale where we've stayed before. My husband may leave me to bustle around while he stays in or near the apartment so I really want to get it right. Here's hoping you can help me decide!

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 19
1. Re: Apartment choice

The corner of Little Lonsdale and Spencer is in the middle of no-where. A pretty dead part of town.

Pokeno
2. Re: Apartment choice

Peter thank you so much for replying. Really appreciate you taking the time . You've confirmed my suspicions re that location but it's hard to judge just from Google maps.

Have just booked a 24 hour special with Mantra on Russell. Fingers crossed. Good price but annoyed they took the whole amount for May's booking when I was expecting just the deposit !

reviews: 34
3. Re: Apartment choice

hi,

my family stayed in a 2 bedroom apt called 'cashmore on Collins'. It is in a residential 'art deco' building smack bang in the middle of everything on Elizabeth and Collins St. It was quaint and charming and very reasonably priced at around $150/night. I found it on 'stayz.com.au' as a private rental. Its an older apartment and definitely lived in, but had a clothes washer and comfy enough beds with room to spread out.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 24
4. Re: Apartment choice

Omahu, have a look here on wotif.com for more options: wotif.com/hotels/australia-melbourne-cbd-apa…

Pokeno
5. Re: Apartment choice

Thank you everyone. As you can see have now booked our accommodation.

We are concentrating on exploring Victoria for 3 weeks starting with Werribee , Bellarine Peninsula then the GOR. Now to sort out the rental car!

Really enjoy reading all the comments and advice - can't wait to start our trip.

6. Re: Apartment choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 23, 2014