We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Near melbourne

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
tel aviv
Near melbourne

I would like to get ideas to travel near melbourne for 2-3 days

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
reviews: 12
1. Re: Near melbourne

Will you have a car? When are you travelling? How many in your group & rough ages? Do you prefer the coast or the mountains? Do you want to see wildlife? Any other specific interests?

All these questions help us recommend places which will suit you. Some places aren't convenient without a rental car. Otherwise have a look on www.visitvictoria.com.au for more info about the areas & let us know which ones appeal to you.

tel aviv
2. Re: Near melbourne

We are couple. 60 years old. We will have a rental car. Love to see evrything.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
3. Re: Near melbourne

OK, with 2 to 3 days the Great Ocean Road would make a lovely drive, staying overnight in Lorne or Apollo Bay, then Warrnambool. You could visit Ballarat on the way back instead of Warrnambool.

The Mornington Peninsula is lovely also, & you can include a visit to Phillip Island as well. Or the Yarra Valley, including Puffing Billy & Healesville Sanctuary.

Please check out the link I have given you as it has lots of info about these places. With 2 to 3 days you can't see everything, you need to choose an area & then decide which places interest you.

Once you have decided where you want to go, please come back & we can help you plan your itinerary.

What time of year will you be here?

tel aviv
4. Re: Near melbourne

We are couple. 60 years old. We will have a rental car. Love to see evrything.

We will be in Melbourne from 26.7 untill 12.8. So we would have time to take some idea for traveling.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 29
5. Re: Near melbourne

Do you want to see the beach, the mountains, country towns, Australian animals, wineries or...

This will help us to narrow down some optins. Also, how far are you willing to drive?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
6. Re: Near melbourne

It is hard to make suggestions without knowing your interests, that's why we need help from you about what places appeal to you.

It looks like you have roughly 16 days, which is a good amount of time to see a lot. Will all this time be spent around Melbourne & Victoria, or will you be visiting Sydney, Queensland etc as well?

tel aviv
7. Re: Near melbourne

we want to stay in melbourne and go around for trips . It can be trips of one day or more.

We don't have any special interest: nature, art ' animals are very interest.

We can drive as far as we need.

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
8. Re: Near melbourne

You will be here in winter, so the days will be short & the weather colder, but you will still have a great time. A round trip along the Great Ocean Road to Port Fairy, then up to the Grampians would be great over 3 or 4 days. Daylesford would be great as a day trip or an overnighter,as would the Mornington Peninsula.

Healesville Sanctuary is the best place to see Australian Wildlife. Once again, you can do a day trip or stay overnight & explore some of the Yarra Valley.

Phillip Island has the Penguins which come to shore in the evening, this is also a good day trip.

Please read up about these locations on the website link to work out where to visit & stop. I find when I read up about places, if I get excited about visiting them, then they are added to the itinerary. Otherwise I keep researching :) I can recommend places, but they may not be of interest to you & you won't enjoy your trip.

We have a few Art Galleries in Melbourne as well as the regions area's. I'll try & find a link to post here with more info.

tel aviv
9. Re: Near melbourne

Thank you very much for your kindly answer.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 29
10. Re: Near melbourne

You will be here in Winter so if you could go up to the mountains to see snow?

Lake Mountain would be the closest, about 1.5-2 hours from the city