We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/Apartment suggestions - 3 nights - Jul 13

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Coast, New...
reviews: 1
Hotel/Apartment suggestions - 3 nights - Jul 13

Hello,

I will be staying in Melb for 3 nights in Jul. I will probably book the airport shuttle to my accommodation.

As I will be "solo" during the days I would like suggestions of accommodation close to attractions/shopping/cafes/transport etc.

So far I have been looking at the TravelLodge at South Bank and City Tempo, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 47
1. Re: Hotel/Apartment suggestions - 3 nights - Jul 13

IMO, Travelodge is in a much better location than City Tempo. More central to attractions and on the river. There are also more people on the streets around Southbank at night so that may make you feel more comfortable.

The Langham is very near the Travelodge and a far better hotel. Not sure exactly when you are traveling or what your budget is,but they are currently showing great deals on wotif - around the $230 mark.

South Coast, New...
2. Re: Hotel/Apartment suggestions - 3 nights - Jul 13

Thanks Eva. The Langham is above what I want to pay - I was looking at around $180 the absolute maximum p/n.

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
reviews: 39
3. Re: Hotel/Apartment suggestions - 3 nights - Jul 13

Both hotels you have mentioned are very well placed. But there are a number of other basic, but very safe, clean and well located hotels. Look at the City Gardens, the Breakree, or the Mercure hotels, all in Little Bourke St. The Rydges on Swanston St, The Citigate on Flinders St and the Holiday Inn on Spencer St. These are just a few that I think are within your budget and well located.

Melbourne
reviews: 16
4. Re: Hotel/Apartment suggestions - 3 nights - Jul 13

I would recommend the Travelodge Southbank and you should be able to get it for less than $180 per night.

South Coast, New...
5. Re: Hotel/Apartment suggestions - 3 nights - Jul 13

Navy,

Which hotel is the City Gardens? and is the breakfree one you mentioin the Breakfree Heritage?

Secco - I am leaning towards the Travelodge Southbank but wanted some CBD options as well and then I'll try & decide soon so I can book in advance.

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 47
6. Re: Hotel/Apartment suggestions - 3 nights - Jul 13

The Travelodge location in Southbank is a CBD location.

Walk across Princes Bridge, and in 5 minutes you are in the heart of the city.

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
reviews: 39
7. Re: Hotel/Apartment suggestions - 3 nights - Jul 13

The City gardens is located in Little Bourke St between Queen and Elizabeth Sts. Yes it is the Breakfree Heritage - right opposite Myer.

http://www.citygardenhotel.com.au/

South Coast, New...
8. Re: Hotel/Apartment suggestions - 3 nights - Jul 13

Thanks for all the suggestions thus far.

There seems to be a few good deals on accommodation today, so I'm looking at maybe:

Punt Hill Manhattan Hotel (on Flinders Lane), Somerset on Elizabeth, Punt Hill Little Bourke, Mercure Welcome Melbourne. I do like the look of Travelodge Southbank but the others have better deals on at the moment.

Thoughts???

Queensland
reviews: 12
9. Re: Hotel/Apartment suggestions - 3 nights - Jul 13

Hi, we haven't been to Melbourne before, have known people stayed at City Tempo and said it was good. We have decided on the Oaks on Lonsdale, if you register with myoaks, log in, can get a better deal, than advertised on Wotif.

We booked 3 weeks before. Our main reason for choosing Oaks was self contained unit, area, price, rooms bigger and balcony. Good luck.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
reviews: 575
10. Re: Hotel/Apartment suggestions - 3 nights - Jul 13

Travelodge is in an ideal location in Southbank.