We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Melbourne

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
One day in Melbourne

We will have just one day in Melbourne on a cruise ship stop. What do you suggest to get he most out of our too short time there (7am - 7 pm)?

19 replies to this topic
Canberra, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
reviews: 2
11. Re: One day in Melbourne

➜ Hi malaysiansenior. Could you please not add your queries to other threads as it gets very confusing (eg obviously "quite flexible in time duration" is different to "one day").Your own thread has some replies, here is the link in case you couldn't find it.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255100-i278-k6284…

Edited: 9:54 pm, March 21, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 36
12. Re: One day in Melbourne

Hi Navy, I think the main things that sets Melbourne apart from the other cities in Aust are the beautiful laneways and architecture. What to find in these alleys? - coffee (of course!), food, art, graffiti, boutique (not chain store) shops and dirt (i.e. don't expect Singapore) So, I would suggest that you add into your a day a Melb laneway tour.

Also, just to add a bit more info re the City Cirlcle tram. It does not take in all the best sites of Melbourne due to the stops on the loop so as previously suggested, do try to use as many forms of public transport to get around. Melbourne is flat and easy to walk around too. Happy travels.

australia
reviews: 68
13. Re: One day in Melbourne

This is the link for Meltours well worthwhile

http://www.meltours.com.au/

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 9
14. Re: One day in Melbourne

hi, Dear MacKnee, sorry to have " intruded " into this thread. I hope I won't be regarded as a "trespasser". I came in here because in our visit plan to Melbourne, we plan to allocate two days to explore Melbourne on our own without taking any tours, by walking and taking the public transport. Many of the replies here are quite useful for us.

Since we will have 2 days in Melbourne to cover more places in a slower pace, any suggestions will be most welcome. I hope I need not post this request in a new post called " explore Melbourne in 2 days by walking and public transport ". Do I?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
reviews: 12
15. Re: One day in Melbourne

Malaysiansenior, many people don't read all the responses & just reply to the OP. You should get more responses specific to your situation if you do start a new thread, with the title you mentioned.

It starts to get confusing when a new question is asked & we aren't sure who the reply is directed at,

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 36
16. Re: One day in Melbourne

Here is a link for do it yourself laneway tours (free!) : thatsmelbourne.com.au/placestogo/Lanewaysand…

I'm not sure if the City of Melbourne have free laneway tours but I think one of the Melb Experts might be able to tell you. The people are volunteer city greeters. Happy travels.

melbourne
17. Re: One day in Melbourne

You should check out One Day in Melbourne's facebook www.facebook.com/onedayinmelbourne

they have a website launching soon that is entirely dedicated to Melbourne, including heaps of one day itineraries!!

LaPlace, Louisiana
reviews: 183
18. Re: One day in Melbourne

We're going next month, and found your post to be very helpful. Thanks.

Canberra, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
reviews: 2
19. Re: One day in Melbourne

grip652, I am not sure if you mean the OP's question and subsequent advice or if you mean the post immediately before yours, but when there is only one post by a member and it bumps up an old thread to direct people to a website it could be considered self-promotion, links from the regular posters tend to be more useful.

Reply to: One day in Melbourne
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted