We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Starbus Airport shuttle

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 95
Starbus Airport shuttle

This shuttle may be well priced, but they really need to lift their game in terms of administration and bookings. We sat in the van at Tullamarine for 20 minutes while the driver sorted out cash payments and change, and rang head office to confirm prepayments. He asked if anyone was in a hurry and suggested they take a taxi! I guess thats real Aussie service mentality.

A booked passenger didn't get a seat on the shuttle because the driver had accepted four passengers who had just showed up with out a booking.

A pity they can't get themselves organised, because potentially its a good service!

9 replies to this topic
Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
reviews: 35
1. Re: Starbus Airport shuttle

Whilst I always think competition is generally great, the only form of transport I would recommend from the airport to city and return is Skybus.

Macclesfield...
reviews: 45
2. Re: Starbus Airport shuttle

Starbus were recommended by our hotel, and duly arrived at the correct time (early morning) to take us for our flight to Hobart. Reasonable price. We asked about booking a pick up for our return, flight arriving 19:10 at the domestic terminal, but was told 'just take yourself to area 5 and there is always a Starbus around there'. We did this, and there wasn't. Waited about 15 mins and then rang to be told the bus was already on its way back to Melbourne this was its last run and we had arrived too late. I repeated the above info to be told I had been misinformed. So 50% good and 50% not at all happy.

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 41
3. Re: Starbus Airport shuttle

Melbourne shuttle services have a tendency to be much more reliable getting people to the airport than picking them up.

Presumably because they consider people missing flights to be more serious than people getting to their hotels later than expected.

We have used all forms of transport to and from the airport as we make the trip regularly.

Cheapest/most reliable combo when we don't feel like forking over $65 for a cab is to take a shuttle to the airport but Skybus back to the city (then a cab home).

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 28
4. Re: Starbus Airport shuttle

Last time we caught a Skybus it was so crowded we stood all the way packed in like sardines. I guess us cheapskates just have to put up with that type of thing.

Italy
reviews: 1
5. Re: Starbus Airport shuttle

**** STAY AWAY ****

Absolutely appalling customer service.

I sent various e-mails back and forth with them (Sam) and could not believe how rude and unhelpful they were. All I wanted to do is it see if we could arrange a drop off / pick up point as I am not staying in a hotel, but with friends, and he sent me one word / sentence replies that we totally unhelpful. His last e-mail was 'I don't have time to work this out.'

Melbourne, United...
6. Re: Starbus Airport shuttle

Rudest service I have ever encounter. Called them to make a booking for a pick-up time, the operator whom I would have wished to get his name, was very rude, in my opinion, even racist. Put me on hold, which I can understand, but the operator was so freaking rude that I almost loss my temper, if I weren't helping my friend, I would have curse him and cancelled the booking.

melbourne
reviews: 1
7. Re: Starbus Airport shuttle

My friend booked this today to get her to the airport and to be collected from my house i the inner city. The man took her booking and told her to be ready between 4.15 & 4.45pm. When the shuttle did not arrive, she called and the SAME MAN answered the phone. He denied any knowledge of the booking and said that there were only two of them in the office and neither of them had knowledge of her booking, which was a lie. He even had the audacity to suggest that she had called another company. She then had to race to the Skybus and only just made her flight. RUDE AND DISGUSTING. Will never use them again.

Melbourne,Australia
reviews: 9
8. Re: Starbus Airport shuttle

I would never recommend Starbus and I work in the tourism industry. I called this company today on behalf of a visitor to Melbourne and gave feedback on the visitors behalf. The man on the phone intimated that the visitor was a liar, and that the information on their website regarding pickup times was adequate. I have great cause to disagree. Additionally, when I asked to speak to the manager my request was denied and I was told he was not available. I asked for a number and was told it was private. Worst customer service I have ever received, and embarrassed that a visitor to Melbourne was treated so badly. Never use Starbus, I cannot stress this strongly enough

Edited: 5:13 am, May 29, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
9. Re: Starbus Airport shuttle

star bus:

do not use this shuttle bus service.

the owner hit my car on the freeway by overtaking me from the left via a service lane because he was so impatient, he was extremely rude about it and refused to give me his details and just drove off on me nearly running me down "and this is the owner of the business imagine the staff".

please do not use this shuttle bus company they are very dishonest people

Reply to: Starbus Airport shuttle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted