We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melbourne Itinerary (4 Days); Critique Needed

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, null...
reviews: 25
Melbourne Itinerary (4 Days); Critique Needed

Hi all!

I'll be travelling to Melbourne soon (in early December) and I really appreciate comments about my itinerary. I'll be staying there for four nights.

Day 1

Arrive Melbourne at 7am

Queen Victoria Market

Walking Tour: Melbourne by Foot (melbournebyfoot.com)

Shrine of Remembrance

Day 2

Dandenong Ranges

Puffing Billy Steam Train

Yarra Valley wineries

Healesville Sanctuary

(Tour by Melbourne on the Move)

Day 3

Great Ocean Road (full day)

(Tour by Escape Discovery Adventures)

Day 4

Old Melbourne Gaol

Melbourne Cricket Ground

Australian Centre for the Moving Image and National Gallery of Victoria (both at Fed Square)

Pickup at 4 at Fed Square for Little Penguin Tour

Phillip Island Little Penguins

(Tour provided by The Little Penguin Bus)

Thanks in advance! :)

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
reviews: 43
1. Re: Melbourne Itinerary (4 Days); Critique Needed

Your itinerary looks fine to me. I assume on days 2, 3 and 4 you are with a tour company? The only thing I would like to point out is on day 1. You dont say when you are arriving. Im not too sure what day of the week you arrive, but the Queen Victoria market is closed on Mondays and Wednesdays.

If you are here on a Wednesday night and have the time, the night market is on at the Queen Victoria market. It is truly worth a visit.

http://www.qvm.com.au/snm/snm_home.aspx

2. Re: Melbourne Itinerary (4 Days); Critique Needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, December 17, 2013