We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What shall I do if I just have only 1.5 day in Melbourne

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
GZ
What shall I do if I just have only 1.5 day in Melbourne

Hi

Any suggest if I just have only 1.5 day in Melbourne ?

I am struggling whether I should go to the great ocean road or just walk around in the city ?

Thanks

South Coast, St...
Destination Expert
for Canberra
reviews: 2
1. Re: What shall I do if I just have only 1.5 day in Melbourne

With such a short time it's useful if you tell us how/when you are arriving/departing. I mean for example I suspect going on a GOR tour only works if you have a full day available, because if you fly in during the morning you'd miss the coach departure and if you need to catch a plane in the evening the coach tour gets back quite late, so does 1½ days mean arriving one day and leaving the next or arriving late one day and leaving two days later? As for what you want to do, only you can really know what your interests and priorities are. Do you want to see natural scenery or beaches or something OR do you want to see the city? Why did you choose to include Melbourne in your itinerary, what attracted you?

Edited: 11:34 pm, September 11, 2012
Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
reviews: 43
2. Re: What shall I do if I just have only 1.5 day in Melbourne

Ditto what MacKnee has said. The more information you can give us, then the more we can help you. Are you on a whirlwind tour of Australia, or maybe in another Australian city for an extended period of time and just coming for a wekend? Whatever your situation is, let us know. Sometimes, a relaxed meander around a city can be an enjoyable way of sight seeing.

GZ
3. Re: What shall I do if I just have only 1.5 day in Melbourne

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I will have a full day stay at Melbourne. My flight will be on the next day lunch time.

I prefer 1 day trip on the great ocean road. Any recommendation on the local tour?

Thanks

South Coast, St...
Destination Expert
for Canberra
4. Re: What shall I do if I just have only 1.5 day in Melbourne

Two nights then?

GZ
5. Re: What shall I do if I just have only 1.5 day in Melbourne

you can say that. arrive at Melborne on 6 Oct night, depart on 8 Oct noon.

South Coast, St...
Destination Expert
for Canberra
6. Re: What shall I do if I just have only 1.5 day in Melbourne

In that case a day tour would work. There was another thread going about the subject at the same time as yours. ATWAD and Go West are usually recommended as far as I remember.

7. Re: What shall I do if I just have only 1.5 day in Melbourne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 22, 2013